Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
New Schools Network is looking for a Corporate Partnerships Manager, primarily working for the Academy Ambassadors programme but also across NSN. With partnerships such as HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, KPMG and PwC, the programme has an outstanding reputation and support at the highest levels of business and politics.
We are looking for someone with experience of working with senior leaders at large, national companies, including successful influencing and negotiation skills to achieve clear outcomes. The role comes with a high degree of autonomy. You will be responsible for building professional relationships to deliver targets for fundraising and placement of high calibre business people on the boards of multi-academy trusts.
You will have the opportunity to gain experience of a range of disciplines. This role will also incorporate an element of board matching activity, primarily in the South-East and South London Region (SESL), providing you with the opportunity to make a very real difference to schools and academy trusts.
You will be involved in one of the most exciting and fast moving areas of public policy, and gain access to an enviable network of leaders in business and in education.
· Strategy: establish a proactive networks and relationships strategy with corporate organisations and institutes, focussing on quality and impact.
· Account management: provide excellent long-term support and feedback to existing corporate partners to ensure they continue their support and develop into new areas of work within New Schools Network.
· New business development: create new corporate and network partnerships, with a focus on the FTSE 250.
· Fundraising: work with New Schools Network Director and fund-raiser and lead the approach to a small number of companies to generate in-kind and corporate contributions. This will include developing a higher-level paid-for service to corporate partners that want more in-depth developmental support for their staff who are becoming NED candidates.
· Event organisation – leading the planning, organisation and delivery of a range of events, such as regional business breakfasts.
· NED matching management – you will initially act as a project manager for all live NED vacancies in SESL – where the consultant Regional Advisor will have a dotted reporting line to you, meeting Programme targets for customer service and volume.
· In supporting regional recruitment, you will engage directly with senior candidates across a multitude of functional specialisms, including finance, legal, HR, risk - all with the right motivations to volunteer as a NED.
New Schools Network (NSN) is a dynamic, growing charity that aims to improve the quality of education – particularly for the most deprived – by increasing the number of good free schools within the state sector.
By offering advice, guidance and support, the charity has been instrumental in helping hundreds of groups of parents, teachers, charities and schools to establish new schools. In recent years, NSN has expanded its activities to support the 800 or so free schools that are open or have been approved to open.
Academy Ambassadors is a specific programme within NSN that supports multi academy trusts (MATs) in England by identifying senior business leaders as voluntary Non-Executive Director (NED) roles for their trust boards. Academy Ambassadors provide a free service to multi-academy trusts and since 2013 the not-for-profit programme funded by the Department for Education has helped trusts to fill over 1300 board roles. Academy Ambassadors recruits high-calibre business candidates with skills in areas such as finance, law, audit, risk, change and growth management.
Skills and competencies:
Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
· Experience in confidently engaging with senior professionals and corporate partners across a variety of sectors or functions.
· Strong strategic and analytical skills in order to develop an efficient corporate partnerships strategy
· Evidence of successfully creating new relationships and partnerships that have resulted in tangible outcomes.
· Excellent written communication skills, including proposals for corporate in-kind and financial contributions.
· Be a confident networker. Results-focused, ambitious and resilient, you will know how to work with a team to make the most of everyone’s input in a mission-driven charity.
· Be self-motivating and enjoy inspiring others to thrive in a dynamic environment.
· Be adaptable, pragmatic with personal flexibility to adjust swiftly to changing external circumstances without losing long-term focus on outcomes.
Expertise or experience in any of the following will be an advantage
Include cycle to work scheme, interest free travel loan, generous annual leave allowance, additional
pension contribution, governance/study leave allowance and flexible working hours.
Full-time with flexible, part-time options available for the right candidate.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please attach your CV and a covering letter, explaining why you are the right person for this job. Please also include details of your current salary and notice period.