Newark Youth London is a leading young people’s charity working in Tower Hamlets since 1984. We run a number of youth clubs, personal development & social action projects, and sports provision for our users. It’s an exciting time to join the organisation as we embark on several new projects working with young people to improve their lives in Tower Hamlets. We are a small friendly team and are passionate about the development of children and young people.
We are looking for an experienced Project Officer to co-ordinate our Mayor of London Young Londoners Fund project. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, inspirational, good at promotion and able to engage at risk young people easily into our existing youth provision, personal development projects and sports provision. They will also be good at working with partners and our existing team of youth workers and sports coaches to increase the opportunities on offer for young people to develop their lifeskills and make progression.
- To work with children and young people (10-21 years old) in Tower Hamlets, including those at risk of crime and offending, and engage them in regular sports and youth club provisions
- To establish and build relationships with young people in order to engage them in personal development and social education programmes
- To provide information, advice & guidance (IAG) and mentoring support to help young people make positive contribution/change in their lives
- To co-ordinate existing provisions and co-design new provision/opportunities for young people by working with existing staff and local partners
- To promote a rewards system to motivate and inspire young people to participate in positive activities
- To create forums and involve family members to be involved in their children’s wellbeing and development
- To co-ordinate training courses and workshops for young people
The successful candidate will have the relevant youth work or equivalent qualifications and project co-ordination experience. They will undergo enhanced DBS checks.
Interviews will be held 6th February 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.