We are looking for an experienced multi-skilled person to take on the challenge of delivering online training and support to digitally unconfident older people.
Our face to face @online programmes have run successfully for several years, but have been paused due to the pandemic.
The main purpose of the role is to work with the CEO, project trainers and volunteers, to reconfigure @online programme services for older people so that they are compliant with social distancing requirements and can continue to meet funder objectives, to market the revised services to partners in Hackney and Tower Hamlets, and to take responsibility for running the new programme, supported as required by trainers and volunteers.
Aims of the services
The overall aim of our @online club services for older people is to reduce social isolation through providing participants with the confidence and skills to go online to increase contact with family and friends, and by accessing information and undertake transactions that will maintain their independence and resilience.
- To work with the CEO in developing a practical learning approach and protocols which allow older people to continue to learn online skills, compliant with social distancing requirements
- To review (with the trainer) the current telephone advice line, and recommend adjustments
- To deliver training sessions within the postholder’s area of competence
- To support external trainers/volunteers during groups sessional activity
Monitoring and evaluation
- To ensure member and volunteer feedback is captured and analysed in line with funder and Newham New Deal Partnership requirements
Service quality and administration
- To ensure Good Neighbours protocols are observed at sessions, and any barriers to users having a full experience are identified and addressed
- To receive and process registrations of club members, in line with funder requirements, including entering data onto the Lamplight database
- To develop/adapt information to learners as required
- To work with the volunteer coordinator on volunteer protocols
- To promote services online
- To undertake Zoom webinars to partner organisations
- To work closely with partner organisations to deliver services to their members
- Writing a regular @online club newsletter to club members
- To maintain the stock of iPads and android devices, including updating/ recharging them as required
- To work with volunteers/other members of staff as required
The successful applicant will be expected to deliver loaned iPads to participating organisations.
Please apply with a cv. and supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the personal qualities and experience specified in the job description.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.