Your expertise can help us to save nature!
We have an excellent opportunity for a fully qualified accountant (ACA/CMA/ACCA), to join the executive board of the RSPB, one of Europe’s leading nature conservation charities!
With over 1.2 million members, the RSPB have around 2,000 employees and 12,000 volunteers and undertake a wide range of research, policy, advisory and educational activities, both in the UK and internationally.
Position: Director of Finance and Governance
Salary: Circa £90k
Hours: Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 5th January 2020
Interview Date: W/C 27th January
About the Role:
As Director of Finance and Governance you will report directly to the CEO. As an important member of the leadership Board team you will be directly responsible for the leadership and management of the RSPB’s Finance and Governance & Risk directorates. You will lead on financial strategy, financial management processes throughout the organisation, risk management, internal audit, legal support for the organisation, innovative finance and governance.
You will be able to provide clear strategic priorities and direction and deliver a culture of sound financial management together with innovative thinking and development of solutions. Under your lead the charity will continue to deliver robust financial analysis, full regulatory compliance and be quick to react to create and take opportunities for further funding.
The Finance and Governance & Risk directorates have a combined staffing of around 55. Finance includes the Pensions Team, whilst Governance and Risk includes the Legal Team.
As Director of Finance and Governance you will bring with you the following skills and experience:
• Experience within a Finance and Governance role at the most senior level
• A thorough knowledge of, and experience in, developing financial and risk management frameworks
• Experience of leading a large multi-skilled team delivering a high-quality support function
• An extensive technical knowledge of tax and treasury matters
• Excellent communication and analytical skills, enabling you to convey complex financial, regulatory and legal issues to a range of audiences
• In depth experience of financial forecasting and financial reporting (to board level) to maintain good governance and financial stability
• A comprehensive understanding of governance structures and how they support the effective delivery of an organisation’s goals
• Commercial insight to support the development of new and existing income generating activities
• Demonstrable evidence of building a financial strategy supporting delivery of strategic goals
• Experience in conducting reviews and management of Governance frameworks, preferably in a charity setting.
As well as working for an organisation that makes a real difference to the world we live in, you will also receive a highly competitive salary, defined contribution pension scheme, Flexible working and much more !
As part of the application process you will be sent a job pack with a detailed description of the role. Based on this, you will be asked to complete a supporting statement asking you to demonstrate how you meet the requirements. To request further information please contact NFP People.
You may also have experience in areas such as Finance Manager, Finance Officer, Senior Finance, Resources Manager, Finance Director, Head of Finance / Governance, Director of Corporate Governance, Director of Policy, Governance and Finance, Head of Operations & Finance, Governance Director, Finance and Governance Lead