Community and Events Fundraiser
We are looking for a Community and Events Fundraiser to support the delivery of the charity’s work by securing income.
Position: Community and Events Fundraiser
Location: Home based (throughout England and Wales, with possibility to work in Walton-on-Thames or Cardiff offices)
Hours: Part-time, 22.5 hours
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000 pro rata (depending on experience)
Contract: One year fixed term with possible extension
Benefits: Excellent benefits package including 35 days per year pro rata (inclusive of bank holidays), Employer Pension contribution of 5%, Death in Service benefits, access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the opportunity for flexible working.
Closing Date: Thursday 27 January
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, so please apply early.
As Community and Events Fundraiser, you will support the delivery of securing income through providing excellent donor stewardship which inspires individuals, groups and local corporates to maximise their giving and organising, marketing and delivering a mass participation and third party events programme.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Grow the individual supporter base of the charity by identifying, researching and implementing new ways to approach potential supporters
- Work with the fundraising team to implement and facilitate stewardship of donors
- Research, identify and implement new fundraising income streams
- Make links with schools, organisations and community groups in order to develop support
- Identify, propose and develop corporate partnerships
- Give talks to community/supporter groups where it is deemed of benefit to do so
- Develop and manage development committees
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Manage the charity’s challenge event income for England and Wales
- Work within the guidelines of the Chartered Institute of Fundraising best practice
- Ensure all fundraising activities collect and manage donor data in accordance with relevant legislation
- Deliver work projects against agreed targets
- Raise the profile and awareness of the charity through marketing and communication channels
As Community and Events Fundraiser you will have an understanding of general fundraising methodologies and approaches.
You will have experience of:
- Delivering successful community fundraising activities.
- Marketing and managing events.
- Developing relationships across a wide range of external customers including individuals, groups and companies.
- Managing projects ensuring completion within budget and deadline.
When applying for this role you will be asked to submit a CV and Covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4.
About the Organisation
The charity improves the health and wellbeing of children and adults through the healing power of live music. Every year, professional musicians share live music with over 100,000 people from across the UK, who may not otherwise get to experience it. This includes those living with dementia, mental health problems, or who are seriously ill.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes enquiries from everyone and values diversity in the workforce and is committed to safeguarding. This role will require a basic DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) or equivalent check
You may also have experience as a Fundraising Manager, Regional Fundraising Manager, Fundraiser, Fundraising, Corporate Fundraiser, Events Fundraiser, Corporate Partnerships Manager, Major Donor Fundraiser, Income Generation, Senior Community Fundraiser, Area Fundraiser, Challenge Events, Individual Giving, etc. Community Fundraiser, Regional Fundraiser, Fundraising Manager, Fundraising, Event Fundraiser, Events Fundraising, Challenge Fundraiser, Challenge Fundraising