Membership Development Manager
Membership Development Manager
We have an exciting and crucial opportunity for a Member Development Manager to join the team in this flexible working role.
We are looking for someone proactive, tenacious, and empathetic, as you will be working for a charity that represents 100% of the NHS charity sector in the UK, helping the NHS tackle today’s challenges and tomorrow’s opportunities.
Position: Member Development Manager
Salary: £39,000 -£44,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week) less two hours paid wellbeing time, 9-11am on Friday mornings
Closing Date: 5pm Sunday 26th November 2023
The Member Development Manager plays a central role, working closely with the Head of Membership, membership team and members.
The Member Development Manager is crucial in delivery of the member offer, with responsibility for the ongoing support and development:
· The member-only online community (harnessing the power)
· Growing member knowledge and training services (building capacity and capability),
· Measuring, capturing, and sharing progress (amplifying and celebrating the sector) to maximise potential of over 230 member).
This is a diverse membership consisting of charities based in hospitals, mental health, community, and ambulance services and across all four nations of the UK.
Members are all at different stages of their journey and have in common their drive to grow and deliver greater impact for their patients, staff, and communities. This role will work to understand the priorities across the membership and lead on opportunities to help develop the whole sector.
Key responsibilities include:
· Member Development Strategy
· Programme Delivery
· Member Events
· Management & Leadership
You will have experience of developing and delivering a development strategy, ideally within a membership organisation. An understanding of what it takes to support the development of a membership.
You should be an excellent communicator and sensitive to stakeholder relations; as well as passionate about delivering impactful work, with a proven ability to be highly organised and manage your own workload.
You will need:
· Experience in leading an engaging and supportive online community.
· Experience of coordinating a high-quality training and development offer, ideally within a membership organisations or charity sector organisation would be advantageous.
· Experience in establishing data sets and growing evidence to demonstrate progress and impact of member development.
In return, you will have a supportive team, where you can shape your role and the direction of your work, and the opportunity to be involved in new, exciting and ambitious projects.
· 10% Employers Pension Contribution
· 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays as a minimum
· Flexible Working
· 2 hours per week Wellbeing time out for full time staff
· Apprenticeships, training and development opportunities
· Health Cash Plan
· Company Rewards
· Plus many more great staff benefits!
Please upload your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the role, how you meet the job description and person specification. The covering letter should be no more than 2 sides of A4.
Equality and Diversity
The charity is committed to inclusivity and representing the diversity of the communities it serves. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community. Applicants will be treated fairly throughout the recruitment process, and the team will ensure there is no unfair discrimination on the basis of race, ethnic origin, disability, gender, religion or belief, age, sexual orientation or any other relevant characteristic.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Knowledge Management, Community Management, Training, Learning, Development, Management, Business Development, Membership, Membership Development, Membership Engagement, Membership Communications, Communications, Marketing and Communications.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.