We are seeking a new Independent Advisor to join the Investment Committee.
Interested in this role?
As part of the charity’s succession planning, we are seeking an independent advisor to join the team in bringing strong investment oversight, management or governance experience, to help the organisation make astute use of the reserves to generate investment returns, while helping manage financial risk.
Position: Independent Advisor
Contract: Voluntary (3-5 day per year)
Closing Date: Tuesday, 14 June 2022
Interview Date: Friday 24 June 2022. Interviews will be held via TEAMS conferencing. Please let us know if this will present any challenges when you email your application.
As Independent Advisor you will work closely with the chair of investment committee, other external investment advisors, the CEO, Executive Director Finance and other staff as necessary to ensure there is good
governance of the charity’s investment activities.
- Ensure the charity’s cash and investment policy reflects investment objectives and is reviewed and updated to reflect changing internal and external requirements
- Work with the chair of investment committee to ensure trustees are kept up-to-date on the business transacted at Committee meetings, including recommendations for approval by the Financial Performance Committee and current issues under consideration by the Committee
- Ensure the Committee oversees the appointment, performance and fees of the charity’s external investment manager, and fulfils all responsibilities towards the external investment manager as set out in the Terms of Reference
- Ensure the Committee reviews the investment portfolio’s performance and reports to Financial Performance
- Committee and the Board in accordance with the Terms of Reference
- To obtain independent legal and/ or professional advice about matters within the responsibilities of the Committee and the discharge of the Committee’s duties, provided this is authorised by the Board
In addition, the management of the investments are delegated to Investment managers, and as part of your early role, you will support the Chair of the committee to review current investment management arrangements and make recommendations on who future investment managers will be, and the investment objectives they should work towards.
It is expected that the role will require a commitment of approximately 3-5 days over a year. This includes; two Investment Committee meetings, out of committee work, working with the chair and pre-reading.
As Independent Advisor, you will bring strong investment governance experience, to help make wise and astute use of the reserves to generate investment returns, while helping manage financial risk
As Independent Advisor you will have experience of the oversight, management or governance of multi-million-pound investment portfolios along with:
- Understanding of asset allocation, portfolio construction and risk management from
- a multi-asset class perspective.
- Strong understanding of alternative assets
- Experience with ESG approach to investing
- Preferably CFA Charter Holder
- Strong communication skills.
- Collaborative approach.
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages demonstrating how you meet the person specification and what you bring to the role in terms of your skills and experience.
About the Organisation
When stroke strikes, part of your brain shuts down. And so does a part of you. That’s because a stroke happens in the brain, the control centre for who we are and what we can do. It happens every five minutes in the UK and changes lives instantly. Recovery is tough, but with the right specialist support and a ton of courage and determination, the brain can adapt.
Everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there.
The charity provides specialist support, funds critical research and campaigns to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives.
The organisation is working to improve the diversity of the team. Because individuality leads to a richer experience for its people and better support for those affected by stroke.
People from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. And particularly applications from those with lived experience of stroke and those from under-represented communities.
Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help rebuild them and join the team.
In 2019, the charity developed a bold new corporate strategy so that they can rebuild more lives after stroke and make a bigger difference to people’s lives. To help deliver the strategy and make a real difference, we are looking to recruit talented people to a number of new roles. If you would like to support stroke survivors to rebuild their lives, we want to hear from you!
You may also have experience in areas such as Governance, Governance Manager, Investment Governance, Investment, Finance, Financial, Board Member, Committee Member, Trustee, Chair, CEO, COO, Finance Manager, Finance Director, Head of Finance, Financial Advisor, Accountant, Business Accountant, IFA, Independent Financial Advisor, Financial Advisor.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.