Infrastructure Team Leader
We are seeking to recruit an Infrastructure Team Leader who displays a flexible approach, excellent communication skills and is an effective team player.
Position: Infrastructure Team Leader
Location: Home Based, U.K Nationwide
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Circa £37,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 20 May 2021
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic interviews may be held via video conferencing. Please let us know if this will present any challenges when you email your application
The Infrastructure Team Leader is responsible for leading the Infrastructure team and ensuring that the organisations infrastructure is maintained, is secure, is available and has the correct capacity to meet the organisation’s needs.
The role will manage the delivery of new products and changes to products successfully on behalf of the business, based on the criteria of each project or change request that has been through an internal triage process.
Key accountabilities and main responsibilities
- Management of the daily activities of the infrastructure team and infrastructure operations to improve infrastructure costs, performance and end user satisfaction
- Ensure that we develop and maintain a well-designed and highly resilient, cost-effective technical topology
- Provide leadership in planning and managing computer operations and production support, systems and database administration and network operations
- Maintain and improve infrastructure operations against service level agreements introducing a range of KPI to monitor the success of the operations and system performance and SLA's are met
- Ensure the security of the infrastructure that all services and solutions are secure by design, all services and solutions are patched appropriately. Leading robust Access Management
- Ensure changes to the infrastructure, services and solutions are managed, risk and impact assessed. Ensure the infrastructure team is mitigating, monitoring and managing infrastructure related risks
- Ensuring that all system and operating documentation is up to date and properly utilized. This includes ensuring that all management, administration and user manuals are up to date and complete and that technical staff are familiar with their contents
You will have an excellent understanding of:
- Microsoft Technologies
- Technology security
- Server/computer hardware/OS/applications
- Network design and TCP/IP
- Customer excellence and exceptional interpersonal skills
You will have the ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders and work flexibly with the ability to adapt to demand.
You will be asked to submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages demonstrating how you meet the person specification and what you bring to the role in terms of your skills and experience.
To fulfil the role, you must have the right to work in the U.K
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. We offer a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Stroke Association. Rebuilding lives after stroke.
We believe everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. We provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join our team.
You may also have experience in areas such as Cyber-Security, Cyber-Security Technical Officer, Data Security, Infrastructure, Corporate Governance, IT, IT Systems, IT and Cyber Security Officer, Data Security Officer, Programme Manager, Programme Officer, Cyber Security Project Officer, Hardware Engineer, Cyber Security Officer.