We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director to lead the charity’s work to significantly increase its reach and impact.
Position: Associate Director
Location: Homebased, South East England
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Circa £52,000 per annum (Inner London weighting £3,299 per annum or Outer London weighting £1,755 per annum may be applied in accordance to where you live)
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 30 December 2020
Interview Date: W/C 11 January 2021
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic interviews may be held via video conferencing. Please let us know if this will present any challenges when you email your application
This is a truly exciting opportunity to transform the impact we have for people affected by stroke, our people and our charity.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Locality Impact, the Associate Director – South East, will lead the Stroke Association’s work in their locality to significantly increase our reach and impact. You’ll do this through effective systems leadership, creating and managing relationships with key stakeholders, influencing local policy and practice and overseeing the effective delivery of high quality stroke support.
You’ll lead a motivated and engaged team of staff and volunteers to:
- Increase our impact and reach through systems and community engagement, influencing and service delivery
- Ensure stroke survivors have a strong an influential voice in shaping and improving local policy and practice
- Deliver value to customers who receive and use our locality based and universally delivered services and activities
- Increase consistency in quality and reach of our engagement activities and services, with a focus on addressing health inequalities
- Enable peer support and self-sustaining stroke communities to flourish in the locality
As Associate Director you will have:
- Senior-level experience in advocacy/influencing; service delivery or community engagement and development.
- Senior level experience influencing local or national policy change, ideally in health and social care.
- Substantial experience of holding senior-level relationships with partner organisations, ideally in health and social care / the NHS and a strong understanding of systems leadership.
- Substantial experience of leading high performing teams and large distributed teams (paid staff and volunteers) and an inspiring and motivational approach to leadership.
- Demonstrable experience leading complex change and transformation.
Please refer to the Role Profile for the full list of essential and desirable criteria once you apply.
To full fill the role you must have the right to work in the U.K
When you apply, you will be asked to submit your CV and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the person specification set out in the Role Profile and what you bring to the role in terms of your skills and experience. Please specify in your covering letter which role you are applying for. Applications from individuals who are seeking flexible working options, including reduced hours or job shares, are welcomed. Please state any preferences for flexible options in your covering letter.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. We offer a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Stroke Association. Rebuilding lives after stroke.
We believe everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. We provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join our team.
You may also have experience in areas such as You may also have experience in areas such as Impact, Impact and Engagement, Engagement, Director, Associate Director, Impact Manager, Policy and Impact, Policy, Community Engagement, Service, Services, Programme, Programmes, Advocate, Advocacy, Change, Change Policy, Social Care, Volunteer Manager, Volunteer, Service Delivery Manager, Service Delivery Lead, Service Delivery