We’re looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to join our Conference and Events team in the Marketing and External Affairs department, as a Conference and Events Admin Assistant.
Position: Conference and Events Admin Assistant
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: circa £16,400 per annum
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 18 June 2019
Interview Date: 20 June 2019
Reporting to the Conference and Events Manager, the Conference and Events Admin Assistant will support the delivery of a corporate events programme that engages and retains key audiences, delivers against cross organisational business objectives and supports delivery of a single-minded brand proposition.
You’ll also support the delivery and evaluation of events with a specific focus on priority supporter audiences, beneficiaries (stroke survivors, their families and carers) and health and social care professionals.
Working closely with the Events Officers and Conference and Events Managers, the Conference and Events Admin Assistant will:
- Support our events by providing back office administration with a specific focus on delegate management and communications.
- Provide event management expertise to colleagues within the Marketing and External Affairs and other Directorates.
The Conference and Events Admin Assistant will:
- Have a proven track record of providing conference, event and exhibition administration support.
- Have experience of working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Need to be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Be pro-active, flexible, resilient,
- Be able to work under pressure and be prepared to organise and manage a busy workload to meet deadlines.
- Need to demonstrate high levels of administration support skills and good knowledge of systems and processes.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. We offer a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Stroke Association. Rebuilding lives after stroke.
We believe everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. We provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join our team.
You may also have experience as Administrator, Admin, Events Manager, Events Coordinator, Events, Conference Administrator, Conferencing Administrator, Events Administrator, Exhibition Administrator, Exhibition Coordinator.