An exciting opportunity for pro-active leader with experience of working in a social care environment.
Rated as ‘Good’ by CQC our client’s care home is situated in North West Leicester
Location: Beaumont Leys, Leicester
Salary: £21,026 to £25,038 per annum pro rata
Hours: part time - 21 hours per week (opportunities available to increase hours to full time in other areas of the organisation)
Closing Date: 30th June 2019
About the role:
As assistant manager you will provide practical assistance and emotional support to empower the team in supporting Service Users to achieve their goals and aspirations.
- Deputising for the care Home Manager
- Line management of team members and participating in the recruitment, selection and induction of new staff
- Delivery of support and care to tenants
- Maintaining administrative systems in accordance with quality standards
- Maintaining the domestic environment and effective property management
- Develop and co-ordinate a range of stimulating activities for residents.
Our client’s Care Home has a vibrant and friendly care team who work hard to create a warm and welcoming home for everyone. The team works to create a community where everyone knows each other and friendships are developed, this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an amazing team!
As an Assistant Manager, you will need to be caring, energetic and organised in order to fulfil this role. You will have substantial experience of working in a social care environment and a minimum level 2 NVQ, Diploma or Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care or another relevant equivalent qualification.
Ideally, candidates will have previous experience in organising activities for groups of people and the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team. Management of staff, good IT and organisational skills are also essential for the role.
Benefits included with the role of Support Worker include:
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs
- 28.5 days statutory annual leave (rising to 30.5 days after 5 years) + bank holidays
- On-going training and development opportunities
- Reward and recognition for staff who go the extra mile
- Staff social activities sponsored by the organisation
- Free Enhanced DBS where applicable
- Benefits scheme offering discounts and cashback at high street shops and major supermarkets, gyms etc. via Health shield Perks
- £250 for referring external candidates for a Care Assistant or Support Worker role
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
We very much welcome previous experience working as Team Leader, Senior Home Carer, Senior Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Senior Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Senior Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Home Manager, Deputy Manager, Activities Coordinator.