Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation that makes a difference? An organisation that nurtures its staff, encourages development, and values your contribution. If the answer is yes, then please read on!
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Building Surveyor to become a key player in the ODBE Education Resources team at the Diocese.
You do not need to be a practising Christian or have a faith to work here - around 50% of staff are not practising Christians but are comfortable with the Christian ethos that underpins the organisations work. However, all staff do have a desire to make a difference.
Position: Building Surveyor (Education Resources Team)
Location: Oxford/hybrid (office days will be spent in Kidlington, Oxford. However, you will be covering three areas Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire and home)
Hours: Full, time 37 hours per week
Salary: £56,321.58 - £60,654.10 per annum (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: 09:00 am on Tuesday 2 January 2024
Interviews: Interviews will take place on Tuesday 9 January 2024 at Church House, Oxford.
We are seeking a Building Surveyor to join the education resources team. The organisation supports approximately 140 schools, including both voluntary aided and academies, across Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Berkshire. The majority of the work is implemented via an in-house team, although there is some liaison with external consultants where necessary.
You will bring a proactive approach to the forefront, working with little supervision to enhance and expand educational spaces. You will perform the following duties and responsibilities with confidence and enthusiasm, making a tangible impact on the learning environment:
- Provide full architectural and surveying services for the maintenance, extension, and improvement of school buildings
- Provide property management services to schools in terms of advice, liaison with external consultants on some projects, and acting as employer’s agent
- Maintain property database records and keep a record of financial commitment and payments on each project, ensuring all grants are claimed within agreed periods
- Provide advice to schools in developing their buildings.
You must be a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or similar. A thorough knowledge of planning law, building and construction regulations, British Standards and Agreement Board certificates along with Construction Design Management legislation are also essential. This will need to be backed up with strong project management and communication skills.
We are particularly keen to receive applications from candidates from communities currently underrepresented in the Diocese and are committed to the promotion of equal opportunities for all.
Benefits and rewards:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- In addition to the statutory UK public holidays, the Diocese offers three privilege days
- Hybrid working
- Free parking and subsidised on-site café
- Generous employer pension contribution of 12.5% which includes death in service benefit (5% Employee Contribution)
- Electric car and cycle-to-work salary sacrifice schemes
- Access to wellbeing support via Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced family-friendly policies and a generous sick pay provision
- Access to low-interest financial services from Churches Mutual Credit Union including loans
- An attractive modern working environment
The employer is the administrative area of the Church of England that, broadly speaking, covers the three counties of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, and Oxfordshire. There are 815 churches in the Diocese – more than any other diocese in the Church of England. So, in many ways, the best description is that it is the family of the 55,000 or so regular worshippers in these churches.
You may also have experience in areas such as Property Surveyor, Chartered Surveyor, Surveyor, Land and Building Surveyor, Development Surveyor, Building Surveyor, Land Agent / Surveyor, Associate Surveyor, Property Surveyor, Rural Estate Surveyor, Development Surveyor, Estates and Development Surveyor, RICS, RIBA, CIOB.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.