Business Development Manager – Health
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to the lead on the development of new business through tenders for health contracts and sourcing and building opportunities for access to property; contributing to the charity’s ambitious growth targets
Position: Business Development Manager - Health
Location: London Bridge (with home-working considered for up to three days per week – Covid and new workplace policy dependent)
Salary: £37,224 rising to £38,100 after 12 months and successful probation
Closing Date: 12th December
The Performance and Development Directorate drives the quality assurance of current delivery and seeks to achieve continuous improvement and innovation to optimise outcomes for services users.
Some other main responsibilities of the Business Development Manager – Health role include:
- Create and nurture new, high-value strategic partnerships linking the organisation with local health and housing associations.
- Research and identify opportunities which can diversify our income associated with our health offer
- Influence business development and property strategies, ensuring that potential new growth opportunities are evaluated, developed and transferred into live projects to meet development targets
As Business Development Manager, you will have:
- Natural ability to create and nurture new, high-value strategic partnerships
- Knowledge and understanding of health commissioning
- A track record of developing new business from inception to delivery using a collaborative approach
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Basic research and analysis experience
- Experience of developing and/or managing services for people affected by a crisis
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately
- Experience of driving strong income growth via different channels including at least one of the following: local authorities, NHS Trusts, CCGs, GP Federations, regional and national health bodies and/or grant giving institutions
So if you want to work for an organisation that offers a culture of learning and development, with access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities as well as genuine career progression… apply today!
About the Organisation
The charity supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions by campaigning and advocating nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people who are potentially at risk, and therefore expect all staff and volunteers to do the same. All staff are required to undertake internal and external safeguarding training throughout their employment.
Applications from candidates with lived experience are welcomed, the organisation is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
If offered a role, you will be issued a conditional offer based on satisfactory references and an Enhanced disclosure/DBS check.
As provided for by the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (the "HSC Act"), all staff who work at or attend CQC registered care homes are required to be vaccinated against Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) with an authorised vaccine as defined by the HSC Act (unless otherwise exempt) i.e. If your normal place of work will fall within the scope of this legislation OR You may be required to work from or attend a location which falls within the scope of this legislation from time to time in line with operational requirements.
The organisation recommend that you apply at your earliest convenience as they screen applications as they are received as well as interview and appoint suitable candidates on this basis (regardless of the closing date).
You may also have experience in areas such as Development Manager, Income Manager, Fundraising Manager, Income Generation Manager, Partnerships Manager, Partnerships and Development Manager, Philanthropy Manager, Senior Fundraiser, Fundraiser, Fundraising Lead, Fundraising Team Leader, Business Development Manager, Major Donor Fundraising, Major Donor, Income Manager, Income Generation, Health, Social Care, Individual Giving, Individual Giving Manager, Bid Writing, Charity, Bid Manager, Bids and Tenders, Housing, Social Housing, Research, Researcher, Charity Research.