Catering and Café Assistant
Are you passionate about young people and promoting a healthy balanced lifestyle? We are looking for a catering and café assistant within a leading youth charity.
The aim of this amazing charity is to help improve the lives of young people in Barnet by giving them somewhere to go, something to do and someone to talk to.
Position: Catering and Café Assistant
Location: Edgware, London.
Salary: £10.85 per hour
Hours: Part time, Up to 20 hours per week
About the role:
As Catering and Café Assistant you will play a key role, cooking healthy and delicious dishes which inspire young people and encourage them to try new things, as well as provide a warm and welcoming environment to all young people, whilst serving tuck.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To undertake the preparation of food and beverages served in the café area as well for events and internal meetings
- To serve food and beverage to members, ensuring they receive a great level of customer service.
- To assist with the production of and costing of menus
- To comply with stock control procedures
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is regularly cleaned, reporting any faults/repairs required.
- Ensure all Health and Safety and Environmental Health requirements are adhered to
- To assist with the ordering and control of all stock
- Cash handling in line with financial procedures
- Maintain a clean working environment as set out in the cleaning schedule
As Catering and Café Assistant you will have previous experience working within a catering environment, as well as being passionate about young people and the communities the youth zone serves.
You will also need to bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Experience dealing with customers
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ability to communicate clearly and follow instructions
- Ability to prioritise work and manage time effectively
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A willingness to work unsociable hours during evenings and weekends
Although not essential an NVQ Level 3 Catering or other recognised Catering qualification would be beneficial.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable groups. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. The strength of the organisation is the diversity of its people, there is a huge value on different people doing things in different ways and we welcome applications from what might be considered non-traditional backgrounds. The one thing we all have in common is our desire to raise the aspirations of young people across the country. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We very much welcome previous experience working as: Kitchen Assistant, Catering Assistant, Cook, Chef, Commis Chef, Sous Chef, Caterer, Kitchen Porter etc.