We have a superb opportunity for a versatile, self-starting professional to join this busy communications department and really help give Donkeys a voice!
Location: Based in Sidmouth, Devon – “an area of outstanding natural beauty”
Salary: £26,069 with benefits including free parking and 31 day’s holiday
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day’s holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date: Tuesday 25 February 2020
As Copywriter, you will:
- Gather, develop and produce original and creative content for use across a wide range of fundraising campaigns and communication channels.
- Demonstrate the relevance and urgency of the charity’s work.
- Deliver effective messages that inspires action among existing supporters and drives the acquisition of new donkey devotees.
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts with other members of the creative team and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the charity to identify story ideas that grab the attention of the target audience.
As Copywriter, you will be creative, organised and have excellent proof-reading skills. You will bring with you:
- Proven journalism skills and a firm understanding of storytelling.
- The ability to deal with a number of conflicting demands while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- An understanding of how to write and optimise content for search engine optimisation.
- A solid understanding of brand and tone of voice.
A degree in advertising, design, journalism or related subjects and experience of creating storyboards for video are desirable.
If you feel you have the qualities, skills and experience to fulfil this varied, rewarding and vital role, we would love to hear from you.
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
The charity is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide. They are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as Publications, Publication, Copywriting, Copywriter, Copywriter, Advertising, Journalism, Journalist, Media, Press, Digital Content, Digital, Campaign, Content, Content Manager, Marketing, Communications, Editor, Bid Writer, Bid Writing.