Are you looking for a role with a great social purpose? Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with experience in fundraising or sales to support the generation of voluntary income for their projects.
Our client is a charity working to support disabled children, young people and their families. Each year they need to raise voluntary income to enable them to deliver their work and they need two enthusiastic and committed Development Executives to join the team to ensure they can do this!
Position: Development Executive
Location: London, Islington
Hours: Full time, permanent (Some flexibility may be considered over the hours and work pattern)
Salary: £27,085 - £29,391 plus excellent benefits
Closing Date: 31st January 2020
About The Role:
Do you want to work in a job with a social purpose and have a structured training programme in place to support your development?
As Development Executive you will be supporting the generation of voluntary income for our client’s projects, primarily from trust and corporate funders, ensuring some of society’s most vulnerable children and young people receive the support they need.
Working closely with the Fundraising, Marketing and Events teams, you will work to maximise opportunities to identify and grow income, taking on projects as identified by line manager or Fundraising Director.
Do you have skills in research and an aptitude to understand complex issues and present convincing arguments? Can you interpret financial information and use it to underpin a strong business case? If so, then this role could be for you, you will develop a wide range of sought after skills setting you up to progress in the direction you choose.
To be successful in this role you will bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a fundraising or sales role (this could be through a voluntary or intern position)
- The ability to plan, organise and work under your own initiative and meet agreed deadlines
- An understanding of the voluntary sector and the key issues it currently faces
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuade, motivate, network and negotiate effectively
- Experience of working on a variety of projects and the ability to simultaneously manage a wide range of tasks
- Enthusiasm and a creative and energetic attitude, as well as being happy to support and collaborate with other team members
- Excellent attention to detail, perseverance and determination
Although not essential, knowledge of the issues affecting disabled children, young people and their families would be beneficial to this role.
As well as working for an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of disabled children, our client is committed to the wellbeing of their staff. Their benefits include:
- A structured programme involving placements in Trusts and Corporate Fundraising
- Exposure to events fundraising, including challenge and Gala fundraising
- Training in budgeting and planning
- Institute of Fundraising training and our client’s own online training programme
- Responsibility for your own projects
- Opportunities to visit KIDS projects
- Suite of benefits including Perkbox, Flexible working, generous holiday allocation, TOIL,
- Generous holiday entitlement, increasing with service
- Flexible working opportunities
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Business Development Manager, Income Generation Manager, Senior Fundraiser, Major Giving, Fundraising, Community Fundraising, Fundraiser, Individual Giving, Major Donor, Corporate Fundraiser, Fundraising Partnerships Manager, Partnerships Manager, Bid Writer.