This is a fantastic opportunity to join the national charity for children’s nurseries, to use your in-depth knowledge of Early Years Education and Care in Wales, to provide advice and support on issues relating to early education and childcare to promote quality in early years.
Position: Early Years Advisor Wales
Location: Home Based
Contract type: This post is a temporary contract funded to 31 March 2020 (any extension will be subject to further funding)
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 9 October, 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 14 October, 2019
About the role:
As the national representative of nurseries, our client provides a strategic link between the Welsh Government, frontline practitioners and early years’ settings, focusing on the shared policy goal of delivering high quality practice that improves outcomes for children. As Early Years Advisor you will support the delivery of high quality early years’ education and care by the development of products and services.
- Providing advice and support to day nurseries in the delivery of high quality early years’ education and care in Wales
- Advising and supporting childcare providers via a number of channels including, our client’s member helpline, website, newsletters, briefing papers, blogs and events, and contribute to the development of content to support the sector
- Working with internal teams and other Early Years Advisors to support the development and delivery of products and services supporting continuous professional development (CPD) requirements of the early years and childcare workforce.
- Supporting our client’s policy and media work across Wales advising on policy areas e.g. Childcare Offer for Wales, Early Education and Care (ECEC) and contributing to consultation responses
- Developing training to support the workforce development needs of the early years and childcare sector in Wales.
To be successful in the role of Early Years Advisor you will bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Significant and demonstrable experience of working in early years and childcare in Wales
- Level 3 qualification in childcare or equivalent in early years
- Knowledge of the National Minimum Standards for Regulated Childcare (NMS), Foundation Phase and Draft Curriculum for Wales 2022 and Care Inspectorate Wales requirements for full day care
- Knowledge of Early Years and childcare in relation to qualification and policy
Due to the nature of the role you need to be able to drive and own a car or have access to transport, a knowledge of the Welsh language would also be highly desirable.
You may have experience as a Nursery Manager, Early Years Advisor, EYFS, Teaching Assistant, Early Years Coordinator, EYFS Advisor, EYFS Coordinator Nursery Manager, Early Years Advisor, EYFS, Teaching Assistant, Early Years Coordinator, EYFS Advisor, EYFS Coordinator.