We have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to provide support to the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees to enhance their effectiveness in delivering the organisation’s activities and projects.
Position: Executive Assistant
Location: Home based
Hours: 22.5 hours per week worked over at least 3 days or 20 hours over 4 days would also be considered
Salary: £16,800 to £19,200 (£28,000 - £32,000 FTE)
Benefits: Excellent benefits package including 35 days per year (inclusive of bank holidays), Employer Pension contribution of 5%, Death in Service benefits, access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the opportunity for flexible working.
Closing Date: 21st March 2021
Interviews: Interviews will be taking place on a rolling basis, so apply early to avoid disappointment.
The Executive Assistant will provide Executive and Administration support to the Chief Executive.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Interpreting and communicating policies and processes
- Planning and delivering projects
- Day to day communication with and support of the Trustees and other relevant committees
- Coordinating and recording meetings of the Trustees and Senior Leadership Team
- Drafting and proofing reports to the Trustees
- Keeping all company documentation for Trustees up to date
- Assisting in fulfilling charity compliance and audit requirements
- Managing the Chief Executive’s diary, appointments and documentation
- Coordinating travel and accommodation as required
- Act as an authority and champion of good governance
As Executive Assistant, you will be efficient and well organised with demonstrable experience in a similar role with the ability to work with diplomacy and integrity.
You will bring with you:
- Demonstrable experience of working with Boards
- Solid working experience of office administration processes, including implementation and maintenance of filing systems
- Customer services and relationship management skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Project management and communications skills
- Report writing and proof reading skills
- The ability to work flexibly and be able to adapt according to business requirements
- The ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work across teams
When applying for this role you will be asked to submit a CV and Covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4.
About the Organisation
The charity improves the health and wellbeing of children and adults through the healing power of live music. Every year, professional musicians share live music with over 100,000 people from across the UK, who may not otherwise get to experience it. This includes those living with dementia, mental health problems, or who are seriously ill.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer. It welcomes enquiries from everyone and values diversity in the workforce and is committed to safeguarding. This role will require a basic DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) or equivalent check
You may also have experience in areas such as Personal Assistant, PA, Executive Assistant, Assistant, Executive Support, EA, Executive Assistant to, Administration Manager.