Our client is recruiting for a caring and positive thinking Support Worker, to join their service in Newark. A specialist service for young people aged 16-21 years old, supporting them to access education, training or employment, to find permanent accommodation and any other goals they want to work towards.
This post is exempt under Sch 9 Pt 1 of the Equality Act 2010 and is only open to female applicants.
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
Salary: £16,816 - £19,088 per annum, pro-rata (£8.74 - £9.92 per hour)
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Closing Date: Tuesday 25th June 2019
This is a full time 37 hours per week role. Flexibility is required to work on a rota basis. Branching Out Newark works 7 days a week between the hours of 7am and 10pm on a rota basis, 365 days a year.
As well as a great benefits package and flexible, family friendly working policies, our client fully supports the career progression of their staff and on-going training is provided, as well as opportunities to progress within the organisation. In short, it’s a great place to work!
About the role of Support Worker:
The role of Support Worker is varied and no two days are the same!
As a Support Worker, you will encourage the people you support to reach their full potential. The support you provide will be person-centred and may include tenancy related support, help with budgeting, debt management, accessing education, encouraging healthy lifestyles, substance misuse issues and improving confidence and independence. You will have the opportunity to build positive relationships with those you are supporting and be a key role model. You will be required to support service users, liaise with professionals, attend reviews, and write support plans and risk assessments with service users.
Do you thrive knowing you’ve made a difference in someone’s life? We are looking for proactive, reliable, resilient and passionate support staff with a ‘can do’ attitude. Helping and caring for others must come naturally to you. You will be outgoing and motivated and will work as part of a team to help nurture the service users.
You don’t need to have previous experience; we are more interested in the person you are than the jobs you have done in the past. Full training will be provided to give you the skills and knowledge to do the job. A full driving licence and access to a car is desirable, but not essential.
If you want to be a part of a successful team and share these values, then apply today!
Benefits included with the role of Support Worker include:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by our client and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member to work at the organisation
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.