We have a wonderful opportunity for a talented Finance and Operations Manager, with a background in business administration or finance to help Cambridge and its green landscapes.
Our client is a local charity that cares about Cambridge and its green landscapes, they protect the green setting of Cambridge and its most valuable landscapes and work to enhance and connect them for people and nature.
Position: Finance and Operations Manager
Salary: £32,000-£40,000 pro rata, depending on experience
Location: Wandlebury Country Park, Cambridge - Some home working is also possible
Duration: Part-time, 23 hours per week
Benefits: 33 days annual holiday entitlement pro rata, includes allowance for Public/Bank Holidays, a pension contribution of up to 5% of gross pay.
Closing date: 10:00am, Monday 3rd February 2020
About the role:
As Finance and Operations Manager you will be a key member of the charity’s management team, reporting to the Chief Executive and Trustees and contributing to the strategic and operational management of all areas of the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day management of the charity’s finances, office and admin functions.
- responsibility for the upkeep of financial and property investments, including lettings, repairs and maintenance.
- As Company Secretary you will have responsibility for secretariat to the Board of Trustees and provide relevant advice to the Board, Management Team and committees.
- Line Management of Staff and Volunteers
To be successful in the role you will be supportive of our client’s causes, you will use your financial and business administration skills to ensure they can make a difference.
You will bring with you the following key skills and experience:
- Preparing end-of-year group accounts with auditors.
- Cash handling, banking, paying invoices, etc and managing systems for this.
- Experience of using financial systems to produce monthly management accounts.
- Experience of appointing and managing service providers.
- Office management, recruiting and managing staff and providing support services.
- Excellent IT skills (spreadsheets, Microsoft Office suite, database management).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrable evidence of negotiation skills.
- Experience of providing secretariat functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
The current post-holder has a broad range of previous experience which has enabled them to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and this is reflected in the job description. If you do not have all the skills listed, our client will discuss options for training and development or whether some responsibilities could be transferred to another member of their team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, friendly and committed management team where you can make a real difference and your work will have an impact, so apply today!
Please ensure that, along with your CV, you submit a covering letter telling us how you feel you would be a good fit for the role.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Head of Operations and Finance, Head of Finance, Finance Manager, Finance and Office Manager, Finance Operations Manager, Financial Services Operations Manager, Finance Business Partner etc.