Finance and Operations Manager
Finance and Operations Manager
Are you a highly organised individual looking for a flexible part-time job with a purpose?
We are seeking a Finance and Operations Manager to support the organisation's work.
Position: Finance and Operations Manager
Location: Remote, UK
Hours: Part time, Flexible, 0.4 FTE/16 hours per week
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 FTE depending on experience
Benefits: Statutory holiday and pension entitlement. Consideration of a consultancy contract with a built-in holiday entitlement if candidates are based outside of the UK.
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd November 2023 (Please note this role may close early)
About the role
As the Finance and Operations Manager, you will ensure the smooth and effective running of the organisation, leading on finance, human resources, administrative and information systems.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing finance systems, including taking a lead on budgeting, planning and oversight of book-keeping.
- Handling the financial relationship with corporate and philanthropic partners, fulfilling their compliance and reporting requirements.
- Processing invoices and making international payments.
- Coordinating with the payroll provider to process staff salaries.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements and voluntary regulatory schemes such as IMPRESS.
- Supporting the governance of the organisation.
- Contracting and managing operational support as required.
- Designing and implementing HR processes and policies.
- Developing organisational strategy alongside the editor and CEO.
As the Finance and Operations Manager, you will have previous experience of financial management. This will include overseeing budgets and financial planning.
Essential skills & experience include:
- Proven ability to establish effective processes and systems, including HR, finance and others.
- Experience of managing staff and familiarity with UK workplace legislation.
- Experience of contracting and managing freelance employees and external providers.
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative manner.
Although not essential, experience working in the climate or media sector would be beneficial.
About the organisation
The organisation deliver original journalism that informs and inspires action to tackle the global climate crisis. They aim to be the go-to media outlet for a global community of doers and thinkers seeking to understand the political, social and economic drivers of the climate crisis and climate action.
To apply please provide a CV and a one-page covering letter detailing why you are a good fit. Please include the contact details of two referees, who will only be contacted with your prior permission.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Finance Operations Manager, Director of Finance and Operations, Operations Manager, Finance Manager, Senior Operations, Finance & Operations Director, Financial Operations, Senior Manager Finance and Operations etc.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.