Fundraising and Communications Officer
Do you love people, marketing and fundraising? Are you interested in helping a vibrant health-related local charity?
We have an exciting new opportunity for a creative fundraising and communications professional to join a small national team, coordinating all the fundraising and communications activities.
Position: Fundraising and Communications Officer
Hours: Flexible working - open to full or part time hours
Salary: £26,000 to £30,000 pa pro rata
Benefits: Free car parking, 2 weeks off at Christmas (additional to holiday entitlement), time of in lieu of additional hours worked.
Interview Date: Between 13th and 24th June
The Fundraising and Communications Officer will have a communications focus and develop the completion of a large fundraising project in year one with a balance between communications and fundraising from year two onwards. The Fundraising and Communications Officer will work closely with the CEO, as well as with other office staff.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Develop and deliver a Fundraising Strategy
- Develop corporate philanthropy events and activities
- Develop and deliver an annual programme of fundraising initiatives
- Provide support to service users/other parties who are fundraising for the organisation
- Work with the CEO on completing grant proposals to local, regional and national funders, Government Departments, Trust Funds and Philanthropic Foundations, and to corporate bodies
- Develop a clear brand strategy and a communications and PR strategy
- Manage website and SEO development
- Social Media monitoring, e-marketing, planning social content and maintaining the content calendar
- Oversight of internal communication standards across the organisation
- Research suitable CRM systems for the Charity
- Prepare and provide reports on performance on a monthly basis for the CEO
As Fundraising and Communications Officer, you will be a motivated and professional individual who has a passion to build awareness of kidney disease and raise both the profile of the Charity and much needed funds. You will be adaptable and comfortable working on your own initiative and a strong team player.
Experience in communications, media, public relations, marketing or fundraising is desirable.
About the Organisation
The Charity has a simple aim: to provide support to children, youths and adults with kidney disease and their families and carers in Wales to lead a better quality of life. Its purpose is to help renal patients in Wales lead a better quality of life by improving their financial, physical, and emotional wellbeing and improving their knowledge of kidney disease through education.
You may also have experience in areas such as Fundraising, Fundraiser, Campaign, Campaigning, PR, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Marketing and Communications, Marketing Officer, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Executive, Content, Digital Content, Digital Marketing, Digital Communications, Marketing and Communications Officer, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Officer, Marketing and Coms Officer, Marketing and Coms Executive.