We are looking for an experienced Head of Impact and Evaluation, to have end-to-end responsibility for the measurement of our client’s impact and the evaluation of their grant programmes.
Position: Head of Impact and Evaluation
Location: Harlow, Essex
Hours: Full-time, permanent
Salary: Circa £50,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the Role:
This is an exciting time to join this national charity at a time of growth. Working closely with our client’s Charitable Operations directorate, you will measure the impact of their varied and growing grant programmes. You will establish what works and what doesn’t, to help guide future investment. You will assess how far the charity is from achieving their vision and what is needed to close the gap.
Working closely with senior colleagues across the organisation, your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and deliver a theory of change, so the charity can articulate what difference they make and how they will use their resources to achieve that
- Assess the current understanding of our client’s impact and identify what data and evidence they need to collect in the future
- Develop a clear understanding of financial, social and economic impact
- Build a new evaluation framework and evaluation plan.
- Lead ongoing evaluation work, assessing the aggregate and relative impact of a wide range of grant programmes and partnerships
- Ensure continuous improvement of our client’s impact and evaluation practice
- Offer analytical expertise across the organisation, especially across research and innovation, to ensure that the charity takes robust, evidence-based decisions
As Head of Impact and Evaluation you will have a wealth of experience in evaluating programmes and measuring impact, as well as bringing with you the following skills:
- A relevant qualification in an analytical discipline such as economics, statistics or social sciences, or evidence of significant professional experience
- Ability to design and develop research programmes, including proven quantitative and qualitative research skills and familiarity with working with large datasets
- Ability to design and set up new functions, systems and processes
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple simultaneous projects across a wide range of areas, meeting agreed deadlines
- Exceptional written and oral influencing skills, including the judicious use of data and the compelling presentation of research findings
- Ability to manage a budget effectively and ensure good value for money
You can be part of evolving programme of change taking place within a leading charity. With amazing benefits and an Investors in People Gold Award, this really is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an organisation that really cares about their employees, as well as knowing that what you do will make a real difference to the lives of disabled people!
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Head of Programmes and Impact, Impact and Evaluation Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Research and Evaluation, Head of Impact Delivery, Quant/Qual Research, Impact Development Lead, Head of Insight and Evaluation etc.