Head of Operations
Are you a strategic thinker who can lead and develop operational service delivery? We are looking for a Head of Operations to bring their energy and enthusiasm to a Senior Leadership team.
Position: Head of Operations
Location: Semington office. Currently home-based temporarily due to COVID-19 restrictions. Under normal circumstances, some travel is required throughout Wiltshire and Dorset
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week, core hours 10-2 and 2-4 typically Monday – Thursday 7.5 hours, Friday 7 hours with occasional evening and weekend working
Closing Date: 30th April
Join a charity that provides support directly to unpaid carers of all ages, as well as raising their profile and needs with health and social care professionals, employers, and the public.
As Head of Operations and a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), you will ensure the successful strategic development, and the effective and safe operational delivery, of all the organisation’s services in Dorset and Wiltshire.
- Manage contracts and other funded services with budgets worth over £1m
- Administer the Trustee Board’s Quality, Compliance and Volunteering Committee
- Deputise for the CEO as required.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all services and activities are consistently of high quality and have a transformational impact
- To manage the Operations Department
- To oversee the effective and timely implementation of new contracts and other funded and services within the Operations Department
- To provide reports for the Board, commissioners and funders on service and Operations Department performance
- To lead on strategic development and operational implementation
- To have oversight of the Board’s Risk register
- To provide leadership on organisational quality and evaluation methods and reporting
- To have strategic oversight of the health and safety of all staff and volunteers working in the Operations Department
- To ensure any complaints are handled in line with our policies and appropriate action taken.
As Head of Operations, you will be a visible leader who has a results and solutions focussed mentality and ethos. With a commitment to quality customer/client experience, you will be resilient and responsive to change.
You will have experience of:
- Leading and managing health and social care services, within the health, local government or third sector, including setting up new services from scratch
- Owning and driving change in a complex and well-established team
- Successful management of local authority/NHS service delivery contracts/SLAs
- Track record of successful service innovations
You will have:
- Strong working knowledge of services delivered by charities in the community, local government and the NHS, both face to face and online, such as information and advice, community connectors, counselling,
- Knowledge of the strengths-based approach and experience of co-production in service delivery
- Understanding of carers’ issues and their rights
- Good understanding of the Care Act 2014 and linked legislation
- Safeguarding legislation and practice
You can work for an organisation that really makes a difference within your local community, an organisation that supports unpaid carers and impacts positively on their lives? If you want to work somewhere that can offer you a meaningful career, training and development opportunities and a great benefits package, apply today!
About the Organisation
3 in 5 of us will become a carer at some point in our lives. Whether we are caring for a parent, partner or family member with an illness or disability, caring is a rewarding and demanding role.
Unpaid carers save the economy over £132bn every year – that’s the cost of a second NHS. The carers our client supports save the Wiltshire economy over £961 million a year.
The charity helps carers access services, information, education and training, respite, and breaks from their caring role. It ensures they have a voice that is heard and work with health and social care professionals and employers to raise carer awareness and develop best practice.
You may have experience in areas such as Operations, Operational, Operations Manager, Hospital, Hospital Liaison, Manager, Management, Hospital Service, Hospital Services, Project Manager, Project Manager, Coordinator, Care, Social Care, Support Service, Adult Social Care, Health, Health and Social Care, Volunteer, Volunteer Management, Supporter Engagement, Hospital Liaison, Hospital, NHS, Head of, Director, Service, Head of Service, Director of Service, Service Manager.