“Building profit for purpose”
Position: Independent Director
Location: Sherwood Rise, Nottingham
Salary: £2,647 per annum
Hours: 6 scheduled meetings per annum, completion of mandatory training and appraisals and other ad hoc requirements from time to time
Closing date: 6th July 2020, 12 noon
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Independent Director to join our clients’ Board
Who they are
Our client was founded in 1973, they are an agile, forward thinking organisation committed to providing and managing housing for people in need, as well as offering vital care and support services. They manage over 9,500 homes, house more than 20,000 people in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Rutland. In partnership with 30 local authorities, they build new affordable homes to meet local needs. This includes homes for sale, rent, shared ownership and ‘try before you buy’ schemes; and this is where their commercial subsidiary comes in!
The Association is governed by a Board, who are collectively responsible for ensuring success by directing their affairs and determining strategic aims.
The Board has a proud history of having a mix of members from diverse backgrounds; with diverse expertise. To continue this trend, they are now looking to recruit an Independent Director for their subsidiary.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates. They particularly welcome applications from women, as they are currently under represented on the board.
Purpose of the role:
You will, amongst other things, contribute to the development of our client’s Corporate Plan and monitor its delivery; whilst overseeing the development programme for open market sale of around 50 units per annum.
You will approve, manage and monitor joint venture investments for housing development, training and development services and fulfil the statutory duties of a Company Director.
You will have:
- Relevant experience as a board member or company director and be willing and able to communicate your views clearly and objectively; whilst demonstrating sound judgement
- Demonstrable sector experience relevant to housing development; commercial awareness; financial management.
- A clear understanding of the issues facing the Housing and Care sectors along with a strong commitment and empathy with the aims, values and objectives of the Association.
- Demonstrable understanding of the principles of best practice in governance and be a team player
- An understanding of the needs of diverse communities including people with disabilities and those who are socially disadvantaged
“We're a business that is commercially minded, but with a values-led heart” - quote from colleague
If you identify with our client’s values either live within the East Midlands or have a strong understanding of the housing challenges faced by the region, then we’d love to hear from you. You will be joining a successful Board and contributing to the development of a dynamic and well run organisation.