Internal Communications Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for an outstanding individual to join the team as Internal Communications Manager.
Position: Internal Communications Manager
Location: Working principally from home, flexibility will be required for occasional onsite working in Devon
Salary: Band 12 – £37,000 per annum
Hours: Full time
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day’s holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date: Wednesday 5 January 2022
As Internal Communications Manager, you will develop, manage and implement internal communications plans which deliver engaging and innovative communications and engagement activities to staff and volunteers across the world. You will support internal teams with communications advice and guidance and play a key role in driving the right culture to demonstrate the relevance and urgency of the charity’s work, bringing people together to live by the organisations values. These are exciting times for the charity, and this role is pivotal to delivering the overall strategy now and in the future.
Within this varied and rewarding role, your principal duties and responsibilities will include –
- Planning, developing and overseeing a compelling Internal Communications Programme strategy
- Ensuring projects and activities across the global organisation are delivered through integrated communications campaigns and engagement activities with staff and volunteers that encourages two-way dialogue and organisation wide conversations in line with our values – compassion, collaboration and creativity
- Researching, commissioning, writing, co-ordinating and editing a broad spectrum of communications
- Delivering engaging messages in a clear and straightforward tone of voice
- Advising and guiding colleagues across the charity – including our leadership and line management teams – providing professional support through coaching, mentoring and training
- Developing and managing the contact management system for staff and volunteers across the world
- Leading, motivating and inspiring the internal communications team through the successful delivery of the internal communications programme and targets, and mentoring and enhancing the skills of team members through a dedicated training programme.
A highly creative professional with demonstrable and substantial experience of internal communications within a complex organisation implementing significant change, you will have a recognised industry standard qualification as an internal communications practitioner (or relevant field-related degree).
You will have:
- A thorough understanding of internal communications best practice, engagement and channels
- Planning and managing proactive and integrated internal communication campaigns
- The ability to deliver engaging content through a range of channels to a diverse audience
- Excellent leadership, communication, negotiation, multi-tasking and writing skills
If you feel you have the qualities, skills and experience to fulfil this vital role, and would like to help drive the evolving programme of change taking place within the charity, we would love to hear from you.
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
The charity is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide, working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
The organisation is a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as People Business Partner, Programmes and Impact, Impact and Evaluation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Manager, Internal Communications Officer, Internal Communications Manager, Internal Communications Lead, Internal Communications Business Partner, Change, Change Management, Impact and Engagement, Impact and Engagement Officer, Impact and Engagement Manager, Change Management, Programme Manager, Programme and Impact Manager, Programme and Evaluation Manager, Marketing, Marketing and Communications Manager, Communications Manager, Marketing and Comms.