Our client has an exciting opportunity within their Positive Behaviour team for an experienced practitioner to implement their PBS strategy.
You will be working for a national charity supporting people with autism, learning disabilities and mental health needs. They put people at the centre of everything they do, so that they get support that truly meets their needs.
Location: South East region, based in Maidstone office
Salary: £31,000 to £35,000
Hours: Full Time, Part-Time or Job Share
Benefits: Life Insurance, Critical Illness Protection, free access to Employee Assistance Programme, discounted shopping vouchers & an attendance bonus.
About the role:
As Positive Behavioural Support Practitioner you will implement our client’s PBS strategy, creating capable environments that improve wellbeing and quality of life for the people supported, whilst reducing challenging behaviour and the use of restrictive interventions.
Some of the key responsibilities are listed below, additional tasks may be required according to individuals’ needs and wishes and those of the organisation
- Provide support to services both existing and in development, who work with individuals who may challenge and/or have Autistic Spectrum Support needs
- Support the process of developing a team of staff
- Participate in the development of existing services
As Positive Behavioural Support Practitioner you will possess extensive knowledge and experience in the field of learning disabilities and behaviours that may challenge.
Essential skills for this role must include:
- You must be skilled in carrying out functional assessment and analysis of behaviours, devising behavioural support plans.
- Competent in the use of IT including Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and individuals outside of your own practice.
- Experienced in devising and delivering training.
- A relevant qualification is essential (IABA, Tizard Centre, Welsh Centre or equivalent)
- Applicants must be a car owner/driver.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: PBS Practitioner, Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner (PBS), Positive Behaviour Support Coordinator, Senior Behavioural Practitioner (Complex Needs), PBS Facilitator, Mental Health Practitioner, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Wellbeing Practitioner, Specialist Support Practitioner etc.