Business Intelligence Lead
Nature needs you. We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Lead to champion and lead a business intelligence and analytics strategy. As the largest nature conservation charity in the UK with over 1.2 million members, the organisation makes a real difference to the world we live in and they can’t do that without great people.
We're in curious times for which we need people with curiosity, who like to dig a bit deeper, have a strong focus to shape a better world and with a side hustle of needing to do something different with their work time.
Maybe you've felt you want to make the right contribution to the world in some way? If this is you, and you love data, or what it can tell us about the everyday decisions we make to help nature, then your curiosity is needed by our client in a delivery focused team with a strategic appetite to create richer business intelligence resources for the whole organisation.
Our client invites you to join us at the largest technical team in conservation.
Position: Business Intelligence Lead
Location: Flexible, but with regular visits to HQ, Sandy, Bedfordshire
Salary: £34,643 - £38,632
Hours: 37.5 full-time, permeant
Benefits: Flexible working, 26 Days Annual Leave, Free access to our reserves, up to 20% discount off retail items in our shops. Free access to a confidential Employee Assistance programme that provides support and advice around financial, physical and mental health wellbeing. A substantial Learning and Development offer.
Closing date: 10th October
Interviews commencing week beginning: 19th October
About the Role
Working closely with technical and non-technical leads, analysts, users and suppliers, the Business Intelligence Lead will significantly champion and lead a business intelligence and analytics strategy that is fit for purpose across data sets which include but not limited to membership, volunteer and supporter management, marketing, fundraising, conservation, web and social media, finance, HR and other workforce systems.
As Business Intelligence Lead you will build relationship with users and technical specialists to design and deliver a roadmap for the business intelligence that reflects the functional and strategic needs of the organisation.
You will have:
- The ability to evaluate existing service provision, keeping abreast of feedback and new developments to ensure appropriate developments and solutions to enhance and maximise service quality, efficiency and continuity
- Significant operational and /or technical knowledge data sciences, advanced excel, analytics platforms such as PowerBI, Business Objects, Cubes, SASS, R, Python, SQL or a combination of these.
- Experience working as a project manager, commissioning and overseeing delivery of substantial or complex work completed by other teams including Data Development, Data Operations & Technology Services and exposure to AGILE working.
- Application of in-depth knowledge and experience of business intelligence to provide advice/guidance to others or to address significant problems, some of which will be multi-disciplinary in nature.
- Experience of working with and influencing senior management.
- Experience of developing innovative ideas and potential solutions for further development
Other role you may have experience of could include: Digital Projects, Digital Project, Product Owner, Digital Product, Agile, Agile Team, Digital Project Lead, Digital Product Lead, Digital Coordinator, Junior Product Owner, Digital Product Owner, Digital Product Specialist, PowerBI, Business Objects, Cubes, SASS, R, Python, SQL.