Public Affairs Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to use your influence and networking skills to extend a leading charity’s profile amongst Members of Parliament and key policymakers, as Public Affairs Manager.
Position: Public Affairs Manager
Salary: £33,400 pa pro rata
Hours: 21 hours per week over flexible working pattern
Benefits: Enhanced pension scheme, 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays, non-contributory pension scheme (10% employer contribution), enhanced holiday allowance, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance (on completion of probation period), Income Protection & Group Life cover.
Closing Date: 10:00am 25th February 2020
Interview Date: w/c 2nd March 2020
About the Role
As Public Affairs Manager you’ll be leading on the development and implementation of the public affairs function. You will be creating strategic long-term partnerships with MPs and their staff, participating with groups such as Christians in Politics, and raising the organisations profile to extend their influence and profile amongst elected representatives and policy makers.
- Actively maintain and promote the organisations Christian ethos and values.
- Lead the public affairs work.
- Ensure opportunities to collaborate are maximised.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need:
- An excellent working knowledge of Government and parliament.
- An understanding of the work of the third sector and public sector.
- An ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively, verbally and in writing.
- Previous experience of creating and cultivating long-term relationships with MPs and public sector employees both verbally and through writing.
- Be knowledgeable of current international development thinking.
- Previous experience of cross-collaboration across teams.
- Educated to at least degree standard and/or be able to show relevant work-based experience in a results driven organisation.
- Core office/administrative skills.
- To be fluent in English and competent in written and numerical work, with experience of basic office systems such as Microsoft Office.
We need you to be:
- Personally committed to the Christian faith. There’s an occupational requirement for the holder of this role to be a practising Christian, in order to promote the charity’s ethos and help others to experience, explore and express the faith-based motivation of our work. (You can read more about this in our Policy on Posts to be Held by Christians.)
- Deeply connected to the ministry to children.
- Aligned to the organisations cultural attributes.
- A ‘people person’.
- A great listener and communicator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- A strategic thinker.
- Able to meet the requirements of the position with or without reasonable adjustment.
Please note that our client can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK and all candidates must be personally committed to the Christian faith and able to respect, uphold and work within our client’s Christian mission, values, culture and faith statements.
Please note that our client can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK and all candidates must be able to respect, uphold and work within our client’s Christian mission, values, culture and faith statements.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Public Affairs Manager, Public Affairs Assistant, Public Affairs Coordinator, PR Manager, PR Assistant, PR Coordinator, Media, Government, Policy.