Regeneration Programme Manager
We are looking for an experienced individual to lead a major town centre regeneration scheme in the market town of Bishop’s Stortford, for a local council.
Position: Regeneration Programme Manager (Old River Lane)
Salary: Grade 12, £50,837 - £58,758 (inclusive of local weighting)
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term contract for 3 years
Closing Date: 5 April 2020 at midnight
This £75m mixed development will consist of a brand new arts centre, multi-story car park, residential, commercial and public realm. As owners of the site, this programme of works is the Council’s anchor scheme for place making and will be of paramount importance in ensuring the town centre remains vibrant and relevant as a retail, social and leisure destination in the context of housing and population grown.
About the Role
As Regeneration Programme Manager, you will be responsible for project managing delivery of the scheme and working in collaboration with various stakeholders to ensure it is delivered on time and within budget whilst meeting the vision set out by the Council. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Negotiation with development partners and stakeholders to agree a vision, masterplan and specification for the site which is commercially viable.
- Appointment, contract management and negotiation of development agreement with delivery partners.
- Managing interfaces and dependencies between the different strands.
This role will suit a focused, enthusiastic programme manager who enjoys a challenge and is capable of delivering outcomes in a multi-agency context. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience/demonstrable track record as a project or programme manager with responsibility for large capital projects.
- A degree or equivalent in relevant field such as Surveying/Planning/Urban Regeneration/Economic Development.
- A thorough understanding of relevant planning and construction industry legislation (including statutory instruments).
- A professional qualification/chartered relevant to the service area (RIBA, RICS, CIOB, ACE, RTPI etc.) or substantial relevant experience in this field.
If you do not hear back within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview.
We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
About the Organisation
The vision of the Council is to provide East Hertfordshire residents and businesses with a future that is prosperous and sustainable. In order to achieve this, a number of strategic objectives have been developed, which allow the Council in conjunction with its many partners to focus on the key issues that concern the residents of East Hertfordshire.
The council is dedicated to staff development and individual success within a team framework. To help their staff deliver, they provide a supportive work environment, development opportunities and work to help everyone achieve their potential, whilst enjoying a positive work-life balance.
- A variety of flexible working options available, including part-time working, job share, compressed hours and home working.
- Flexi-time scheme.
- Local Government pension scheme, including death in service benefit.
- Generous annual leave – 25-28 days plus 5 additional days after 5 years’ local government service.
- Discounts at top high street retailers, including interest-free repayment through salary for tech such as tablets, laptops and mobile phones.
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and your development is supported by the council through a combination of corporate training courses, e-learning packages and sponsorship for professional qualifications.
- Excellent wellness programme including a free and confidential employee assistance programme; a dedicated wellbeing centre providing education, support and tools for employees e.g. to improve financial wellbeing; Wellness sessions on e.g. mindfulness, reflexology; Mental health first aid support; Discounts at gyms, Health screening, Flu shots, Volunteer time, and a Buddy programme
- Staff forum, staff suggestion scheme and a monthly staff recognition award.
- A dynamic, positive, friendly and supportive working culture. Open communications between staff and managers at all levels, and between services and teams.
You may also have experience in areas such as Regeneration, Regeneration Project Manager, Regeneration Programme Manager, Project Manager, Regeneration Officer, Lead Regeneration, Regeneration Lead, Regeneration Development Manager, Regeneration Manager, Regeneration Programme, Regeneration Project.