Rated as ‘Good’ by CQC our client’s care home, situated in North West Leicester is looking to recruit a patient and compassionate Senior Carer to join their diverse team.
Location: Beaumont Leys, Leicester
Salary: £8.74 - £9.92 per hour + enhancements
Hours: 35 hours per week on a 7 hour shift pattern, with flexibility required to work late shift starts and some weekends. A 33% bonus is paid for waking nights and double time paid for Christmas and New Year shifts.
Closing Date: 30th June
As well as a great benefits package and flexible, family friendly working policies, our client fully supports the career progression of their staff and on-going training is provided, as well as opportunities to progress within the organisation. In short, it’s a great place to work!
About the role of Senior Carer:
Our client’s innovative and inspiring care home is a 43 bed residential care home for older people, designed to enable their residents to live happily and comfortably by providing the specific support they need.
As a Senior Carer you will support residents to live with respect and dignity, helping with personal care and day to day needs including arranging social activities, assisting with the provision of medication as needed, and provide any other support as required. Full training will be given with the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications such as the Care Certificate.
What we need from a Senior Carer is someone with empathy, patience and compassion who can take on the role with enthusiasm. You don’t necessarily need to have previous experience within care, but experience is always desirable. You need the ability to communicate with compassion and care and the ability to write notes is essential.
Benefits included with the role of Senior Carer include:
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs
- 28.5 days statutory annual leave (rising to 30.5 days after 5 years) + bank holidays
- On-going training and development opportunities
- Reward and recognition for staff who go the extra mile
- Staff social activities sponsored by the organisation
- Free Enhanced DBS where applicable
- Benefits scheme offering discounts and cashback at high street shops and major supermarkets, gyms etc. via Health shield Perks
- £250 for referring external candidates for a Care Assistant or Support Worker role
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.