We’re looking for an experienced Cloud and Hosting Engineer to work with a leading cancer charity, keeping their hosting and cloud infrastructure safe, secure and robust for their staff & supporters.
Our client is world’s largest independent cancer research charity employing over 3,500 talented people employed across their large, complex, dynamic and diverse organisation.
Position: Senior Cloud and Hosting Engineer
Location: Angel Building, London, moving to Stratford late 2019
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Circa £60k
Benefits: 25 days annual leave a year plus public holidays, Competitive pension scheme, A range of generous rewards and benefits via our client’s Rewards platform everything from gym membership, cinema tickets to discounts on cars.
What will I be doing?
As Senior Cloud and Hosting Engineer you will manage the charity’s hosting and cloud infrastructure. You’ll also be a Systems Engineer expert for selected Digital Products (e.g. Online Fundraising Platform or eCommerce site), as well as providing technical expertise and playing a lead role in the delivery of projects and new initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring supported services are well architected, well governed, highly available and cost optimised.
- Acting as Subject Matter Expert for Cloud and Web Services
- Acting as Systems Engineer Subject Matter Expert for selected Digital products
- Demonstrating a good understanding of Cloud, System and Application security
- Ensuring Monitoring and Alerting is optimised
- Providing and maintaining a high quality of documentation for repeated tasks
- Ensuring services are using best practice automation, infrastructure as code
- Ensuring core services are highly available and scalable
Our client’s relentless drive towards beating cancer means that they’re constantly trying new avenues, which means you’ll be flexible, driven, creative and open to new ideas and ways of working.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- A working knowledge of AWS, Docket, VMware, Ansible etc.
- Skills with applications such as Linux and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong Incident Management and troubleshooting skills
- CI/CD & DevOps practices
- Ability to communicate information to technical and non-technical colleagues.
If you’re as ambitious as our client, join their collective force and enjoy an excellent career!
Our client values diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. They actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Please note, from 2019, their head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Senior Cloud Infrastructure Delivery Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Lead Hosting Engineer, Senior Technical Engineer, Head of Cloud Engineering, Cloud & Hosting Leader, Infrastructure Engineer etc.