Senior Credit Controller
Are you a Senior Credit Controller looking for a new challenge, working for an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people?
Position: Senior Credit Controller
Salary: Up to £25k per annum depending on experience
Duration: Full time, permanent
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays pro rata, benefits scheme offering discounts and cashback at high street shops and major supermarkets, gyms etc., Free confidential access to 24hr assistance program for counselling, advice and support
About the role:
Our client offers care and support services to people with learning disabilities, autism, acquired brain injuries, mental health support needs and other complex care needs, helping them to live life to the full. They are seeking an experience Credit Controller to work within their friendly team based in Coventry.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain or lower funder/debtor balances, so risk of increased 60-day debt is reduced.
- Respond to invoice disputes or contractual queries to aid payment.
- Ensure billing information meets client/contractual requirements.
- To collect both due and overdue transactions within the Sales Ledger so that balances are maintained or lowered.
- To understand 60+ day debt and look to reduce and/or stop where possible other debts from ageing to 60+.
- Manage complex and challenging accounts.
- Secure payment promises/then receipt of payment promises to hit Company/Group Cash Collections targets
- Reconcile accounts (payments and/or credits/adjustments against invoices/amended invoices/debit notes) when required if balance outstanding is disputed by funder/debtor.
- To understand debtor disputes or queries and involve others within the Company/Group that promotes resolution/allows payments to be released.
- Support the regional administrators with debtor reports; aged debt analyses; weekly debt calls and raising of fees when required.
- Monthly reconciliation of Residential personal accounts and liaise with finance team and the RA when the need arises.
- To ensure all cash receipts are allocated to the Sales Ledger appropriate funder/transaction in a timely and accurate manner.
- Authorise credit notes, re-works and refunds in line with company approval limits.
- Through on going contact with debtors, assess the need to issue a final notice on an account and recommend legal action where appropriate.
- Assist with fees uplift and ensuring that any fee changes have been updated on the system.
The successful Senior Credit Controller will bring with them the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional communication skills, including verbal and written
- Good negotiation skills
- Aptitude for problem solving and implementing processes
- Minimum three years’ experience in a Senior Credit Control role or similar
- Excellent analytical skills, including experience of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to lead by example and inspire others
- Able to work well as part of a team and on own initiative
- Possess good self-motivational skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
Although not essential Knowledge of ‘Access’ accounting system would also be highly desirable for this role.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Credit Controller, Senior Credit Control, Senior Accounts Receivable Clerk/Credit Controller, Credit Control Assistant, Credit Control Clerk, Credit Control/Collections, Credit Control Supervisor, Credit Control Manager, Billing and Credit Control Manager etc.