Senior Events Officer
We’re currently looking for an ambitious and driven individual to help take the charity’s Events to the next level.
If you are passionate about ending youth homelessness, then we would love to hear from you!
Position: Senior Events Officer
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £31,000 - £35,000 pa
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 17th December 2023. Please note that shortlisting will be taking place on a rolling basis and the role may close early if a suitable candidate is found.
About the Role
You will play a vital part in supporting the events and fundraising team to meet and exceed income targets.
You’ll be key to evaluating, improving and growing the current events portfolio which includes challenge events and regional events and you will play a pivotal role in helping to test and shape the future of the charity’s Events.
Your principal responsibilities are to:
- Work alongside the team to achieve events fundraising targets
- Oversee and project manage selected mass participation, challenge and digital events
- Work with the team and supporters to continually improve customer and volunteer experience
- Using a variety of tools and techniques, both on and offline, to skilfully steward event participants and donors ensuring they raise as much money as possible
- Manage content and participants on all fundraising event platforms
- Advise on the development of the events portfolio-bringing new ideas and suggestions
- Effectively maintain event budgets where required
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for events
- Evaluate events, devising new ways to encourage and incentivise attendee feedback
- Identify potential partners from event attendees and devise approach alongside the Partnerships Team to ramp up engagement
- Help with logistics for events put on by our corporate partners
- Work with the National Development team, to support with the delivery of Regional events.
We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience and success in both events and fundraising where the organisation can embellish your knowledge and skills further. You will have a ‘can do’ attitude and ensure that partners, sponsors and events participants are engaged, appreciated and supported in their efforts to fundraise.
You will have:
- A track record of working in a busy events team and effectively managing a small portfolio of events or projects.
- Experience in stewarding supporters to meet and surpass fundraising targets.
- Experience of using online fundraising platforms and digital tools.
- Experience of engaging a wide range of supporters, inspiring individuals, graduates, apprentices and corporate partners.
- Proven ability to manage your own workload, manage conflicting deadlines and deliver on income targets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire supporters and communicate the difference their support makes
It’s a really exciting time to be involved with an ambitious and growing organisation that’s committed to bringing the property sector together to create real social change.
You may have experience in other roles such as Events, Fundraising, Charity Events, Challenge Events, Challenge Fundraising Events, Events Officer, Fundraising Officer, Charity Events Officer, Challenge Events Officer, Challenge Fundraising Events Officer, Senior Events Officer, Senior Fundraising Events Officer, Senior Challenge Events Officer.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.