Service Team Leader
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join a leading charity to lead the open access Age Well Roehampton Service (AWRH).
Position: Team Leader – Age Activity Centre & Age Well Roehampton - Older People
Hours: Full-Time 39 hours Monday-Friday, however, occasional evenings or weekend working may be required to meet the needs of the service
Contract: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: £27,480 rising to £28,296 per annum, after 1 year and successful probation
Benefits: Company Mobile Phone, Company Pension, Employee Discounts, Generous Holiday, Great Working Environment, In House Training, Progression Opportunities, Recognised Qualifications, Travel/Season Ticket Loans.
Closing Date: 1 November 2020
Interview Date: 5 November 2020
Join a vibrant charity that has been supporting and empowering vulnerable adults and children since 1970. This year is the charity’s 50th anniversary so it is an exciting time to join!
The organisation has recently been commissioned to lead the open access Age Well Roehampton Service (AWRH), with a focus on using existing assets to support older residents in a range of locations in the community.
The Team Leader will manage the Age Well Coordinator to work with the community offering access to the range of health and wellbeing activities to support older people to maintain their independence. At the AAAC the Team Leader will take a lead in the running of the project.
Age Well Services are a key part of Wandsworth Council’s approach to transforming adult social care and managing demand by enabling people to retain, gain or regain independence; targeting preventative resources most effectively and ensuring value for money.
The charity run a vibrant Age Activity Centre (AAC) in the heart of Tooting; central to the approach is a dynamic voluntary and community sector (VCS) working in partnership with the Council, the NHS and other stakeholders (including businesses and faith groups) to help residents access local services that enable them to improve or maintain their overall wellbeing and stay independent for longer.
The Team Leader will have:
- Experience of managing high quality services for older people.
- Highly developed financial skills and ability to manage service budgets for both AAC and AWRH.
- Team management experience.
- A proven Track record and good research skills, knowledge of key factors affecting health and wellbeing in older population and the skills and experience to translate into a clear vision, service development and delivery within specific community services in Tooting and Roehampton
- Be able to develop professional working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of performance monitoring.
- The ability to communicate to a high standard, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in actively monitoring the health, wellbeing, safety and security of the services and its users.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
So if you want to work for an organisation that offers a culture of learning and development, with access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities as well as genuine career progression… apply today!
About the Organisation
The charity supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions by campaigning and advocating nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home, to helping them to get the right mental health support, the organisation supports people at the moment of crisis and enable them to build a life beyond crisis.
Applications from candidates with lived experience are welcomed, the organisation is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
You may also have experience in areas such as Team Leader, Service Manager, Service Coordinator, Service Supervisor, Service Team Leader, Older People. Vulnerable Adults, Mental Health, Complex Needs, Wellbeing, Social Care, Care, Care and Support, Care and Mental Health, Independent Living.