We are looking for an experienced Stories Manager to join a small and busy team and support varied content needs across the organisation.
You will be working for an amazing charity that represents 100% of the NHS charity sector in the UK as members. Helping the NHS tackle today’s challenges and tomorrow’s opportunities.
Position: Stories Manager
Location: Flexible working, with occasional travel to Warwick office
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum dependant on experience
Hours: Full time - 35 hours per week
Benefits: 10% pension contributions, 28 days annual leave, access to Reward Hub and weekly wellbeing time.
Closing Date: 19th May 2022
As Stories Manager you will work closely with colleagues from across the organisation, including communications and fundraising, to understand what stories and case studies are needed.
You will work with members charities, individuals, and other stakeholders to help them demonstrate the impact of their funding and charitable giving in the NHS more generally, to highlight the ongoing need for support and to celebrate their inspiring fundraisers. You will also lead on developing a process for managing their stories, ensuring they are recorded and shared in an efficient way, and providing guidance and support for colleagues and member charities who are using stories across their content."
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare, write, and edit case studies and stories in a way that allows teams to access and use them for their content.
- Regularly interview potential case studies, including healthcare professionals, fundraisers, and other supporters.
- Manage the gathering of any assets to support case studies and stories, such as images and quotes.
- Provide expert editorial advice and guidance on the usage of case studies and stories, ensuring best practise is always met.
- Explore and develop new formats and story-telling methods to bring case studies to life on and other digital channels.
- Help develop and manage a system for storing case studies, stories, and associated assets (including consent forms).
- Lead on an internal story telling working group, to ensure case studies and stories are being used effectively.
- Monitor case study usage, providing regular updates to the organisation.
- Ensure the Charity are gathering stories and case studies in a way that is compliant with safeguarding and GDPR policies.
- Support colleagues who may also be sourcing and developing case studies to ensure they are operating in a compliant manner.
To be successful in the role of Stories Manager you will have significant experience of planning, producing, and managing case studies and stories, and writing copy to support multiple organisational objectives and audiences.
You will also have the following skills and experience required for this role.
- Developing and/or managing a ‘story bank’ or centralised system of collating cases studies.
- Excellent understanding of charity / health sector, and the challenges and values of storytelling in growing brands and engaging supporters.
- Experience working cross-organisationally and building excellent and collaborative relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- A general understanding of how the NHS is organised and awareness of topical issues related to healthcare.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, best practice, policies, and processes including, but not limited to charity law, the fundraising regulator.
- Collaborative and open approach in dealings across the organisation.
- Passionate, driven and committed to delivery.
- A team player who is also a self-starter and happy to work independently to develop and deliver objectives.
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about the health and wellbeing of our nation and give vital support to hospitals, community, mental health, and ambulance services.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Social Media Content Creator, Journalism and Copy Writing, Social Media Executive, Marketing Manager, Marketing Officer, Social Media Manager, Social Media Officer, Marketing, Marketing and Communications, Marketing and Communications Fundraising, Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications Manager, Digital Communications Manager, Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Manager, Content, Digital Content, Engagement, Marketing and Engagement Manager, PR, Brand, Charity, Not for Profit.