Suicide Bereavement Liaison Worker
Suicide Bereavement Liaison Worker
We are looking for a Suicide Bereavement Liaison Worker to work as part of the service operating across Staffordshire, supporting people bereaved by suicide.
Position: Suicide Bereavement Liaison Worker
Location: Home-based (with travel across Staffordshire)
Hours: 2 x Part-time roles totalling 0.9 FTE
Salary: £27,344 - £28,900 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: 9am on Thursday 23rd November 2023.. Please note that we will be shortlisting and interviewing on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close the listing early should we receive enough applications and therefore advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Working as part of the established ‘Amparo’ service operating across Staffordshire, the Suicide Bereavement Liaison Workers will be responsible for supporting people bereaved by suicide.
You will provide information and timely 1:1/group support to people exposed to or bereaved by suicide. You will provide support to the Amparo Team Leader and Strategic Implementation Lead to embed the service in local pathways and to deliver capacity-building activities within the CYP sector.
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Assistance and advocacy for practical matters and procedures that take place after a death (police investigation, Coroner’s inquest, the funeral, media attention, wills, whom to inform about the death etc.)
- Referring or signposting individuals to other local sources of support both statutory and non-statutory support across the Amparo footprint.
- Acting as an advocate for those exposed to or bereaved by suicide and significant others.
- Providing support face-to-face, over the phone, via video call, or via SMS/email as per each client’s preferences.
- Providing emotional and practical support for those bereaved by suicide.
- Completing initial assessments and producing support plans.
- Working in partnership with other relevant agencies to reduce suicide risk.
- Supporting activities to both raise the profile and referrals into the service, as directed.
- To attend and support the Team Leader in coordinating stakeholder events including local Memorial Services, collaborative workshops, and community drop-in sessions.
As a Suicide Bereavement Liaison Worker, you will have a qualification in community work/social work/psychotherapy/counselling and three years of post-qualification experience working in a helping profession.
To carry out this role you will be a resident of Staffordshire and be able to travel across the region with a full driving licence and access to your own car.
- Face-to-face training, induction, and warm welcome
- Work within a BACP-Accredited Organisation that delivers Postvention support
- Recognised by SASP and PHE as best practice
- Annual Christmas Celebration with Colleagues
- Annual Training and CPD Allowance
- Funded external Clinical Supervision
- Flexible home working practices
- Access to free and confidential counselling
- 50% contribution to BACP accreditation fees (if applicable to role)
- Pension contribution at 3%
To fulfil the role, you must abode within the UK and have the right to work in the UK.
To apply for this role, please complete the Application Form and return this along with an up-to-date CV.
About the Organisation
They are a leading third-sector, mental health organisation, with its headquarters in Knowsley, Merseyside. The organisation specialises in delivering therapy and support services to children, young people and adults presenting with bereavement and traumatic loss, occupational health counselling and suicide postvention support services.
Holding a full BACP Service Accreditation for its adult and CYP services (the first organisation to achieve BACP accreditation in Merseyside in 2004) the organisation is continuing to grow and now offers services in Merseyside, Cheshire, Lincolnshire, Essex, South Yorkshire, Coventry and Warwickshire, Kent & Medway, Thames Valley, Hampshire & the IOW and Lancashire.
You may also have experience in areas such as Counsellor, Therapist, Young Person Counsellor, Youth Counsellor, Family Counsellor, CYP Counsellor, Suicide Counsellor, Bereavement Counsellor, Mental Health, Mental Health Counsellor, BACP Counsellor, BACP, Bereavement Liaison, Family Bereavement, Community Worker, Social Worker, Psychotherapist.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.