We have an exciting opportunity for an organised and experienced Volunteer Coordinator to join an organisation making a real difference in people’s lives.
Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Hours: Part-time, 24 hours per week
Salary: £18,158 per annum + benefits
Benefits: Pension and healthcare scheme benefits.
Closing Date: 14th December 2023 - please note – the organisation will be interviewing candidates as they apply, so early applications are recommended.
About the Role
Volunteers are at the heart of the services we provide to older people and the core purpose of this role is to lead and co-ordinate the delivery of the organisation’s volunteer engagement strategy. This will include recruitment, development, and retention of volunteers to ensure that there is a pool of reliable and experienced volunteers to support the activities of the charity. You will also design and implement evaluation systems to demonstrate the impact of the volunteer programme.
Key responsibilities of the Volunteer Coordinator will include:
- To liaise with Service Managers to define roles and put together role descriptions for new volunteers.
- To advertise both internally and externally the required volunteer job roles and complete all necessary checks, and other relevant recruitment and selection matters.
- To work with Managers, to ensure that volunteers are appropriately placed in roles, according to their skill sets and interests.
- To ensure that all new volunteers are on-boarded correctly and receive an agreed induction in line with current health and safety and safeguarding legislation which ensures they are well-prepared to undertake all aspects of their volunteering role.
- To manage the overall provision of training for all volunteers and work alongside colleagues to review and agree on the content and ensure that all statutory and mandatory training is given and recorded.
- To further develop, protect and uphold the organisation’s credibility and reputation for offering an exceptional volunteering experience.
- To maintain the volunteer handbook and complete all processes for producing and updating all volunteer materials, policies, and procedures.
This is an opportunity for an outgoing and energetic individual, and we would like to hear from candidates who are passionate about supporting and developing volunteers. You must have excellent communication, teamwork, and organisational skills, with a commitment to energising and developing volunteers.
To succeed in the role of Volunteer Coordinator, your key skills will include:
- Previous experience as a Volunteer Manager for a similar-sized organisation.
- Experience in implementing volunteer management systems and processes.
- Experience in recruitment and direct supervision of volunteers.
- Experience in developing relationships and networks with statutory and voluntary sector partner organisations.
- Experience in building strong relationships with colleagues and volunteers.
- Knowledge of current best practices in volunteer management.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work to targets and outputs to achieve funding contract requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with people at all levels.
- Ability to engage and influence colleagues.
About the Organisation
The employer is an independent local charity, working to support the older people of the City of Birmingham and the Metropolitan Borough of Sandwell. They have been working in the local community to help older people for 30 years in various forms.
The organisation is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity within our organisation and in relation to the recruitment and selection of staff.
You may have experience in areas such as Volunteers, Volunteering, Youth Volunteer, Activities Volunteer, Community Volunteer, Volunteer Coordinator, Volunteering Coordinator, Youth Volunteer Coordinator, Activities Volunteer Coordinator, Community Volunteer Coordinator, Volunteer Manager, Volunteering Manager, Youth Volunteer Mentor etc.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by Social Care People on behalf of the organisation.