Youth Club Manager
Do you have proven experience as a Youth Worker, with a passion for driving young people to maximise their opportunities? We have 2 exciting opportunities for a Youth Club Manager to lead either the junior or senior youth club sessions.
The aim of this amazing charity is to help improve the lives of young people in Warrington by giving them somewhere to go, something to do and someone to talk to? Do you want to use your experience of working with young people to change lives? If you have a passion for putting young people first, we want to hear from you!
Position: Youth Club Manager – 2 posts available, either 7 –12 years old (Juniors) OR 13-19 years old (Seniors)
Location: Warrington (Dallham Lane)
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 (dependent upon experience and location)
Hours: 40 hours per week (including evenings & weekends)
Closing Date: 9am, Thursday 2nd December 2021
About the role:
As a Youth Club Manager you will be a lead member of the delivery team, you will work across all Youth Zone sessions and have lead responsibility for either the junior or senior youth club and holiday club.
Ensuring there is a high-quality, creative and fun offer, which focuses on the needs of young people and is in line with the charity’s aspirations to provide young people with the best possible experiences and opportunities.
You will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the delivery and inputting towards the strategic delivery plan. This is a fun, exciting and challenging role in a new, growing, and ambitious charity with up to 250 young people
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure there is an exciting range of activities on offer for young people aged 7+, 3 nights a week or aged 13+, 4 night a week, depending on role
- Support the charity to achieve 1500 visits by young people a week
- Collaborate with the delivery team to ensure a vibrant development programme is in place every senior session
- Grow, recruit, develop and lead the sessional delivery team to provide a supportive, safe, inclusive, and ambitious environment
- Develop strong local partnerships which result in direct benefit to the borough’s young people
- Introduce the charity’s evaluation framework alongside young people’s feedback to enhance the quality of the support given to help young people’s progression
- Ensure volunteer and young leaders are well managed & supported
- Deliver holiday clubs engaging 80 young people a session (Junior club role only)
To be successful in the role of Youth Club Manager you will be a role model for young people and present a positive “can do” attitude.
You will also need to bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working with children and young people in a range of settings
- Proven experience of engaging vulnerable, disengaged or hard to reach young people
- Experience of youth work or play-work
- Experience of managing a staff team including volunteers
- Experience of dealing with safeguarding issues within a multi-agency setting
- Organising and delivering a programme of youth work / play-work activities in an open access setting
- Experience of work with those with disabilities
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation processes
- Experience managing externally funded projects
- Experience providing information, advice, guidance and support to young people
- professional youth work and or play-work qualification
- A willingness to work unsociable hours and to cover events, holidays and staff absence
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable groups. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The strength of the organisation is the diversity of its people, there is a huge value on different people doing things in different ways and we welcome applications from what might be considered non-traditional backgrounds. The one thing we all have in common is our desire to raise the aspirations of young people across the country. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We very much welcome previous experience working as: Child and Youth Program Manager, Youth Development Worker, Youth Worker, Child and Youth Development, Youth Support Worker, Mental Health Youth Manager, Educational Youth Worker, Support Manager Children and Young People, Youth Support Manager, Residential Youth Worker, Child Care Worker, Youth Worker, Holiday Club, After School Club, Youth Club.