Vacancy Reference Number:
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £20,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
18-Months’ Fixed-Term Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 30th August 2019
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
- Deadline for applications is 30th August 2019 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office in Nottingham and a fundraising team in Whitechapel London; occasional travel between the two locations. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our team during an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our activities by 2020.
To work closely with the Accounts Manager ensuring that all departmental targets and expectations are met in timely manner.
- To process donations according to their intended methods; Cheques, Postal Orders, Cash, Online and electronic donations.
- To process and issue receipts to donors in a transparent and efficient manner.
- To process and issue certificates to donors wishing to make ‘Great Charity Gifts’ ensuring the recipients names and plaque details correspond.
- Undertake banking activities to ensure objectives are met on a daily basis.
- To manage and balance daily funds (inwards).
- Deal with donor queries and requests
- To remediate inaccurate donations.
- To liaise and make payments to service providers on behalf of Muslim Hands.
- To process internal requisitions for funds to be allocated overseas.
- To process the release of funds to overseas offices ensuring this is achieved in a timely fashion.
- To administer and process overseas regular donors’ payments.
- Support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time
- Undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by line manager
- To adhere to all Muslim Hands Policy
- Providing support with maintaining and monitoring of Departmental Budgets.
- Providing support with the management of all Invoices Raised, Ledgers and Expenses.
- Providing support with the reconciliation of all Accounts.
- Providing support with Processing Sales Invoices, Receipts and Payments.
- Checking company bank statements
- Preparing cash flow statements
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Dealing with Accounts related queries, concerns and comments from external agencies, donors and organisations in an efficient and effective manner.
- Demonstrating Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
Essential: Ideal Candidate will be:
- Eligible to work in the UK
- AAT Level 3 (minimum), Graduate OR Part ACCA Qualified
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge within an Accounting and / or Finance role.
Possess working knowledge within an Accounting and / or Finance role within the NGO / Charity sector.
This role would suit someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and who enjoys facing challenges; often working to tight deadlines.
This is a very rewarding position for the right person. If you feel this is you, then please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable quoting the above reference number!!
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.