Job title: Policy Associate
Location: London with occasional travel (currently we are working from home)
Role: Permanent, 36.5 hours a week
Salary: Grade D £27,045 plus £4,000 London weighting (FTE)
- Do you have a passion for healthcare and the NHS?
- Are you a problem solver with analytical skills?
- If this sounds like you, please keep reading...
We are looking for a self-starter to join the Membership and Policy team, the post-holder will:
- Have strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Be able to write strong member communications and policy products
- Be capable to develop collaborative and conducive relationships with colleagues, members and wider external stakeholders and peers
- Be proactive, responsive and able to manage different portfolios of work confidently
- Not be afraid to challenge, be inquisitive and navigate a membership body that covers the complexity of the English NHS
This role will support the policy team at NHS Confederation, and the organisation’s delivery of our policy and influencing activities. This will include:
- Updating key records and undertaking some administrative tasks for the team as requested by the Assistant Director of Policy and the Director of Policy and Membership
- Analysing Government statistics to understand NHS and wider performance, including on COVID-19-related activities
- Gaining and capturing member intelligence for policy development, such as taking notes in webinars and meetings, or constructing surveys to gain intelligence
- Working closely with the membership and insight team in obtaining and analysing data
- Working closely with the communications and public affairs team to help respond to reactive, on the day media requests and announcements, and to action the publication of team policy products
- Lead in writing member facing communications, such as member briefings and blogs on key topics
- Providing support for our offer to Provider members and our Provider Offer
- Providing additional capacity for parts of our thematic offer, under the direction of Senior Policy Advisers
- Attending internal meetings and events
- Engaging with stakeholders, such as Royal Colleges, Think-Tanks, and officials from the Department from Health and Social Care and NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Keeping a CRM system and other databases up to date
- Using Social Media as a communication tool
You will receive an excellent benefits package, including 30 days annual leave, pension scheme, flexible working, salary sacrifice schemes and travel season ticket loans.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of the NHS Confederation and we are actively seeking to increase diversity in our workforce through a process that is fair, open, consistent, and free from discrimination. We welcome all applications from all backgrounds and encourage applications from our BAME communities, our LGBTQ+ communities and from individuals who identify as being disabled, as well as all other protected characteristics. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture where all employees feel valued, respected, and acknowledged.
The NHS Confederation is committed to being a flexible employer. We understand the value and benefit to our employees being able to work flexibly to respond to changing circumstances and we want to ensure we do as much as possible to help support a work life balance and take care of employee health and wellbeing.
The NHS Confederation is a membership body that brings together and speaks on behalf of all organisation’s that plan, commission, oversee and provide NHS services with our members drawn from every part of the health and care system. At the NHS Confederation we are passionate about our values (voice, openness, integrity, challenge, empowerment and respect). These are supported by a set of behaviours that demonstrate the attitudes and approach we take to work.
How to apply
To apply please read the job description and complete the application form found on our website.
Application deadline: Sunday 6th December 2020 (midnight)
Interview date: 16th and 17th December 2020