NICE is a charity dedicated to improving the lives of people with a neurological conditions such as cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s, stroke and multiple sclerosis. We work with families across the age range from little babies through to the elderly; all focussed on improving their movement skills and life opportunities. NICE is a small charity with a huge impact on all our families.
The Fundraising and Marketing Manager will be responsible for assisting the Chief Executive in their task of developing and implementing a strategy for raising up to £500,000 through a variety of fundraising methods such as Trusts, Individuals, Corporates and Events.
The role will involve:
- Coordinating the fundraising team in order to ensure that all areas of Fundraising are maximised to their full potential.
- Monitoring weekly activities of the department to ensure smooth and timely running of all activities.
- Developing a working time plan and financial targets, with the Chief Executive, to indicate how the strategy will be met.
- To work in collaboration with the Trust and Grants Fundraiser to ensure appropriate and up to date bids are made.
- Helping sustain and grow income from the corporate sector by researching, identifying and then developing relationships with new companies.
- Producing funding proposals and reports as necessary and tailored to the companies’ individual needs and capabilities.
- To develop this as a regular source of income for NICE.
- Making the fundraising ‘ask’ to current and potential donors
- Working with the administrators of the services to arrange and host visits to NICE for supporters and potential supporters.
- To ensure the Fundraising programme has a strong customer care focus by demonstrating accountability to donors, supporters and volunteers and ensuring their contribution is recognised, valued and actively acknowledged.
- Play a role in representing and speaking about the NICE’s work at appropriate functions and events.
- Keeping up-to-date with service developments at the NICE.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with regular givers.
- Coordinating the fundraising team to ensure key events are built into the calendar.
- To contribute to the overall strategy for developing other income streams e.g. legacies
- Potentially participate in any upcoming capital appeal
- Building up a team of volunteers to assist with fundraising activities and ensuring they are managed by the team.
We are seeking someone who is highly driven, motivated, an excellent communicator and who wants to make a difference to the lives of our families.
The position is based at our office in Moseley, Birmingham. Flexible / hybrid working may be considered for the right applicant.
This role will require flexible working hours including some out of hours working to support events.
To apply for this role please send your CV with a covering letter, outlining why you would like this role and what value you feel you can bring to our NICE team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.