An exciting new opportunity to train and build the capacity of Churches and Christian organisations, for the right candidate with strong communication skills, passion for learning, adaptable and has experiences of working with churches from a variety of Church traditions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Training Manager who has attention to detail and excellent training and development skills. The role will also provide advice, capacity building and organisational development support to existing and new Christian voluntary and community organisations. This post aims to enable and become part of Nicodemus’s organisational development team that supports Christian Voluntary & Community Sector to meet the needs of vulnerable communities. This includes:
- Fundraising for capacity building support that Nicodemus can provide to the sector.
- To lead the development and delivery of a comprehensive, high-quality accredited training with a focus on voluntary sector management.
- To lead the development of Nicodemus organisational support offer to meet the needs of medium and small organisations.
- Using mechanisms to understand the diverse and changing needs of medium and small organisations.
- Provide one-to-one support to Christian community groups and voluntary sector organisations. Ensuring that organisational development support is structured and transformational and focused on leadership, governance, quality of services and outcomes.
- To lead partnership management and communication with all our partners.
- Use database to develop an approach which strategically targets capacity building support using knowledge and data to prioritise resources within the sector.
- Lead and implement the accreditation of all our training programmes
Main role responsibilities
The Training Manager will:
- Work with the organisational development team to implement Nicodemus Training, Development and Consultancy strategy.
- Provide one-to-one support to community groups and voluntary sector organisations. Ensuring that organisational development support is structured and transformational and focused on leadership, governance, quality of services, outcomes and income generation.
- Gather evidence about the needs of the local voluntary sector and grassroots community groups; put together a plan on how to support these community groups to become sustainable, ‘commission ready’ and/or be part of bidding consortia.
- Develop, with the Development and Delivery Manager, a training plan that underpins the support we can offer to organisations, with training developed and delivered by you as well as external trainers.
- Support the Development and Delivery Manager in the capacity building work with church partners and community groups, ensuring we can provide bespoke support to the organisations but also that we utilise the learning from the programme to develop plans and bids for longer-term support for our work.
- Ensure that all programmes have robust monitoring and evaluation in place utilising our database to ensure shared systems as much as possible.
- Monitor the funding landscape to ensure that relevant funding opportunities from trusts & foundations, public services (national, regional and local) are maximised and private/corporate sector sources.
- Work with the fundraising team to ensure we are aware of organisational support and funding opportunities.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.