We are recruiting for a Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser in a newly created role based in our OUTSTANDING care homes. The role will form an integral part of the wider Fundraising and Marketing team and will be involved in implementing the annual fundraising strategy and ultimately growing the income of the charity. With the launch of new organisational branding and the opening of a second, brand new care home due in April 2021, this is an exciting time to join the organisation.
What the role entails
- Implement the annual fundraising strategy and grow income of charity
- Canvass and steward personal portfolio of trusts and foundations
- Facilitate the movement of donors to become Major Donors & Patrons
- Cultivate donor relationships proactively with lapsed £1,000+ trusts and foundations
- Research new potential supporters, including background profile research online and from database – and manage suitable approach
- Identify trends to ensure all donors are managed by an appropriate revenue stream
- Write proposals and reports for trusts and foundations; including case studies, budgets, quotes and photographs
- Ensure key trustees are invitees are invited to Nightingale Hammerson events
- Assist with hosting and administration at key major donor events
- Attend some Major Donor committee meetings and take notes where appropriate
- Record all actions and documents on Raisers Edge database
- Produce personalised acknowledgment emails, letters, invoices & receipts
- Monitor donors’ payments and ensure monies are correctly allocated Fundraising Database: Raisers Edge
- Produce monthly fundraising reports for trusts and foundations campaign
- Prepare data for direct mail campaigns and email mailings
- Maintain current and historic donor correspondence and activity records
- Present Nightingale Hammerson's activities to prospective supporters, conduct tours of Hammerson House and Nightingale House and represent Nightingale Hammerson at external meetings.
- Build relationships with Trustees to be an effective link between them and key partnerships and donors.
Any Other Duties
- To undertake such other duties with the competence of the post holder as may be required from time to time
Essentials we'll require from you
- Experience of partnership working with funders and external organisations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK grant making and funding landscape
- Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with funders and writing successful funding applications and monitoring reports
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple workloads.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills: a fluent writing style and the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively to a wide range of media and audiences.
- Creative thinker with the ability to support Nightingale Hammerson’s commitment to the highest quality care for residents.
- Able to prioritise and organise own workload
- Good numerical skills and ability to manage and prepare financial information
- Ability to be a brand ambassador
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office applications, Raisers Edge and relevant fundraising and marketing IT platforms
- Knowledge of relevant fundraising legislation including GDPR
- Ability to work variable hours in order to meet the needs of the service
Nice to haves
- Experience of strategic development and change management working collaboratively with colleagues and Boards.
- Experience of working within a fundraising team.
- An understanding of the UK policy environment as it relates to social care
This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS certificate. Applications will be reviewed on receipt and we may close the role early in the event of finding a suitable candidate.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.