We are recruiting a Fundraising and Marketing Assistant in a newly created role based in our OUTSTANDING care homes. The role will form an integral part of the Fundraising and Marketing team, developing and ensuring the excellent delivery of the organisations marketing strategy and campaigns, driving engagement and reaching new donors and residents. With the launch of new organisational branding and the opening of a second, brand new care home due in April 2021, this is an exciting time to join the organisation.
What the role entails
- Copy writing and editing internal publications and website changes
- Draft and edit marketing campaigns – for distribution via Mail Chimp
- Text for materials for events (internal and external)
Working with Committees and Volunteer Fundraisers
- Driving the recruitment of new committees and individual fundraisers by targeting new groups, in order to grow the supporter base on a local level.
- Working with individual fundraisers, acting as their main contact in order to provide all necessary support for their fundraising activities and new event ideas.
- Promoting communication between each committee and Nightingale Hammerson through the use of newsletters and blogs, in order to improve information sharing across the organisation and community fundraisers.
- Liaising with primary and secondary Jewish schools to support and encourage their fundraising activities on behalf of Nightingale Hammerson.
- Guest list management using events module on database (Raisers Edge)
- Attend events and take photographs when required
- Assist with hosting at key events i.e. on reception desk or working with suppliers
- Coordination of key annual Nightingale Hammerson community events
- Co-ordinate the production of the annual commemorative brochure: collating editorial and adverts.
- Develop campaign to raise money for Nightingale Hammerson, in lieu of a celebration.
- Promote campaign within local and wider Jewish Community.
- Send acknowledgment cards and marketing materials to celebrants and donors.
- Process purchase orders and invoices between suppliers and finance department
- Assist fundraisers with database administration and banking occasionally
- Process credit card payments online and on world pay occasionally
Any Other Duties
To undertake such other duties with the competence of the post holder as may be required from time to time
Essentials we'll require from you
- Knowledge and experience of marketing communications including social media
- Use of all Microsoft applications in order to undertake the key duties and responsibilities of the post, as well as databases
- An understanding of and empathy with the needs of older people
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Highly organised with an attention to detail
- Experience of managing multiple tasks to deadlines and prioritising workload
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise, plan and prioritise on own initiative including when under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people in a friendly, professional and confident manner
- Be tactful, patient and diplomatic and maintain a sensitive approach towards colleagues and stakeholders, mindful of confidentiality and discriminatory practices.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required to meet work demands.
Nice to haves
- Experience of working in the charity sector
- Experience of creating marketing materials using graphic design tools
This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS certificate. Applications will be reviewed on receipt and we may close the role early in the event of finding a suitable candidate.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.