About the role
Leading the small team of dedicated finance staff, the Head of Finance will be responsible for:
- Ensuring financial stewardship
- Delivering financial reporting
- Business partnering and;
- Boosting financial awareness across the organisation.
It is an exciting time at Nightingale Hammerson with the imminent opening of its new 116 bed care home. The Head of Finance will need to be hands-on, with great attention to detail as well as be able to provide support on business modelling to the Director of Finance, Property and IT. You will drive the annual budget setting process, deliver the monthly management accounts and KPIs, liaise with budget holders and lead on the preparation of the year-end accounts and audit process.
To succeed in this role, you will need good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills - you'll have demonstrable experience of cross-functional working, relationship-building and influencing colleugues and key stakeholders alike. You'll have the ablity to identify issues and proactively problem solve at a high level to maintain a high standard within the team. You will also be able to live and breathe our values: Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Dignity, Integrity and Teamwork.
Nightingale Hammerson, an award winning and CQC rated Outstanding elderly care home, prides itself in providing relationship centred care. Offering residential, nursing, dementia and palliative care, we provide a ‘home from home’ for our 160 residents. In 2021, we will be opening a second home in NW London accommodating 116 residents in our new state of the art home following a £40M build project.
The Head of Finance will form an integral part of the delivery of Nightingale Hammerson’s goals as we step into an exciting period of growth and development.
Qualifications, Skills and experience
As a Head of Finance, you’ll have the following:
- Recognised CCAB qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ current experience in a finance management role, including accounts preparation, budget process management, forecasting and SORP accounting.
- Previous Line Management experience within a finance function
- Significant and demonstrable practical experience of problem resolution and able to work professionally with other stakeholders and external agencies
- Advanced excel and database skills. PS Financials or similiar accounting packages would be advantageous.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and Nightinale Hammerson may close the advert early if a suitable candidate is appointed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.