Purpose of the role:
- To facilitate the admissions process of potential residents to Nightingale Hammerson care homes by guiding them through the admissions process in line with Nightingale Hammerson policies and procedures
- To support residents and their families and advocates with a range of non-clinical issues to promote their wellbeing and integration into the life of the Home
- To liaise with a number of disciplines across the Homes to facilitate a smooth admission
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To respond to enquiries from individuals, families, advocates and statutory agencies about accommodation at all properties within the Nightingale Hammerson portfolio. Conversations include all aspects of moving to a care home including funding of care.
2. To follow up on all enquiries to both Homes and proactively seek opportunities to identify potential new residents.
3. To advise and assist applicants and their representatives in applying for funding packages from local authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups
4. To negotiate funding packages for incoming and existing residents with local authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups
5. To negotiate 3rd Party contributions from families in line with agreed procedures
6. To attend introductory meetings with potential residents, their families and advocates by undertaking tours of the Nightingale Hammerson buildings
7. To undertake all necessary administrative duties and processes to facilitate the admission of prospective residents
8. To communicate and collaborate with colleagues across all teams within Nightingale Hammerson to ensure that all processes are completed to facilitate a smooth and successful new admission.
9. During the admission process, to ensure the smooth transition of a resident into life at Nightingale Hammerson and to remain in regular contact with the resident, their family and advocate/social worker.
10. To respond to varied resident enquiries for non-clinical support as required
11. In conjunction with Residents Services colleagues, to participate in all necessary administrative duties in relation to the Residents Services Department.
12. To keep records and databases up to date and compile statistical reports on trends and developments as required and in line with KPIs.
13. In conjunction with Residents Services colleagues, to ensure all residents are entered on the electoral register and that this is updated as necessary.
14. To liaise and provide guidance to relatives on the procedures and regulations set by the local authority following the death of a resident. From time to time, in the absence of a relative or friend to personally register the death.
15. To attend team meetings, training, supervision and appraisal meetings as required
16. To undertake such other duties, within the competence of the post holder, as may be required from time to time
Essential or Desirable
1. Experience of working with older people Desirable
2. Experience of working in an organisation comprising many teams with proven ability to communicate and liaise effectively across all teams Desirable
3. Experience of working in a customer care or customer focussed role Essential
4. Experience of working in a local authority social service team Desirable
4. Understanding of issues facing older people Desirable
5. Knowledge of funding in the older adult care sector Desirable
6. Ability to effectively communicate calmly and clearly, often under pressure by phone, in person and in written form with a wide range of people including potential residents, relatives, advocates, carers, Nightingale Hammerson colleagues and other agencies Essential
7. Ability to multi-task by prioritising and juggling competing demands Essential
8. Experience/ Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel Essential
9. Ability to maintain, update and manipulate excel databases to produce reports and statistics as required
10. Ability to research, prepare and facilitate presentations Desirable
11. Work across both Nightingale Hammerson sites. South London site based at SW12, North London site based at N2
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.