Our client, a large and international, well-known welfare charity, is looking for an Assistant Direct Marketing Manager for a fixed-term contract of 6 months, with a possible extension to 9 months.
As the Assistant Direct Marketing Manager, you will be supporting the Direct Marketing managers in running a team that manages the recruitment and retention of new and existing donors to the charity through complex, high volume and multi-channel campaigns.
The Direct Marketing team is responsible for inspiring people to support the charity through face-to-face, print, digital and broadcast media, and developing and deepening those relationships through telephone, digital, mail and legacy communications.
- Oversee operational management of the day-to-day development and execution of direct marketing campaigns, using a variety of media and propositions, including supporter-centric appeals.
- Work closely with DM manager to develop and deliver an integrated direct marketing strategy capable of delivering year-on-year growth
- Line-manage campaign managers and ensure they are effectively trained
- Develop and manage expenditure budget
- Source and manage relationships with external agencies (such as fulfilment agencies, printing agencies, professional fundraising organisations, media agencies etc.)
- Liaise with internal teams to investigate and recommend new fundraising and testing opportunities
- Excellent knowledge of a range of direct marketing and digital fundraising channels and techniques (including print-based recruitment (door drops, inserts, press), face-to-face fundraising or telephone fundraising)
- Strong working knowledge of line management
- Outstanding negotiating skills - both with internal colleagues and external suppliers
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with proven ability to analyse and interpret results, translating this analysis into action, data analysis, trends and KPIs
- Proven and significant experience of creating and managing a range of direct marketing campaigns to a national audience