Donor Request Coordinator, an excellent and rewarding opportunity to join a growing Global Health Charity, based in West London.
This outstanding health organisation provides lifesaving opportunities for people diagnosed with blood cancer, enabling them to be matched with a stem cell donor. The dedicated Donor Management Team provide support through registering, matching and facilitating these the stem cell donations by liaising with, and providing support to donors.
As the Donor Request Coordinator, working as part of this dedicated team, you will manage the donor journey by guiding and advising donors through all stages of the donation process.
- Working predominantly by phone, email and post to communicate with donors and using a bespoke database system to record donor information.
- Register and evaluate donors for suitability and eligibility using guidelines and national regulations.
- Notify donors of a match and help facilitate the donation process through communications with donor and medical professionals both based in the UK and internationally.
Training will be provided from day one to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to support donors effectively and efficiently. To be considered for this role our client is looking for transferable skills and experiences across areas such as:
- Outstanding customer service skills, ideally within a medical setting or with some knowledge awareness of medical terminally and patient care.
- Excellent organisations skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure accurate recording of information.
- Good knowledge of medical terminology, case-note documentation and conducting medical histories is preferred.
- A degree in Medical or Sciences is advantageous though not essential.