A well-established Animal Welfare charity is seeking a Major Donor Fundraising Specialist on a Part-Time or Full-Time basis, joining a collaborative and very supportive Philanthropy team based in Central London.
As the Major Donor Fundraising Specialist, you will enter an organisation with a long history of success and a solid donor base to develop engagement. You have the opportunity to work creatively and autonomously and with an established high-profile events calendar providing you with endless opportunity for further growth. Working with the Philanthropy team, you will be responsible for the recruitment and retention of high-net-worth supporters to achieve targets and produce events.
Our client is happy to consider either Part-Time or Full-Time hours.
- Supporting the Philanthropy Team Manager in delivering the major donor elements of the fundraising strategy.
- Managing a portfolio of existing major donors and prospects and ensure a first-class cultivation and stewardship journey
- Attending meetings with existing and new donors, develop bespoke, personalised written communications and proposals; and prepare budgets to accompany approaches.
- Making new approaches by email/letter/phone to individuals of exceptional high-net-worth
Skills and experience required:
- Experience working in the non-profit sector, preferably within a major donor/major gifts/philanthropy role
- Proven track record of personally securing five-figure major gifts from individuals in a charity environment to meet agreed targets.
- Proven experience of 'making the ask' and supporting senior staff, volunteers and trustees to do so.
- Demonstrable experience of writing successful, inspiring, emotive and technically accurate proposals, tailored to a major donor audience and with a focus on outcomes and impact.